Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Tuesday/Wednesday (5/6 January 2010)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

hailstones the size of peas and thunder

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

dolliemix wrote: »
    Shadow is adorable!

Hes 10 weeks old 2day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Shires

Light hail, snow and localized thunder/lightning in Bayside D13. Whee, just what we need to chill the ground a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Haha cool , its one of the biggest churches in Ireland.

Love the dog! My missus is worried I wont be able to get home!

Whatever about not being able to get into work, I don't wanna be stuck here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

Still just really light snowfall here :(
    still sod-all here and clear skies *sobbing*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Gone dark in the CC and large hail is coming down. Hasn't snowed in about an hour !

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mchammer22

Heavy hail shower now in Rathfarnham..ffs..Where is all th snow gone??!! Clouds very dark still though...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

I had 1cm lying this morning with a thaw but this shower of big flakes, heavy at times has mostly settled and added about 1cm. I'm one mile from sea, and one mile further inland has seen much more settle from the overnight showers.

0.9/0.1C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

BBC weather shows promising snow for Ireland. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

still sod-all here and clear skies *sobbing*
    did you not get a dusting last night Chicken? Snowed here for about 20 mins and topped up things. Was about 4am or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Hmm. There doesn't seem to be anything on the met's rainfall radar behind the current two 'clumps'. Gotta feeling it might die out here shortly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

I had 1cm lying this morning with a thaw but this shower of big flakes, heavy at times has mostly settled and added about 1cm. I'm one mile from sea, and one mile further inland has seen much more settle from the overnight showers.

0.9/0.1C

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Greystones @ 1.30pm101147.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Thunder followed by huge heavy hail:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Can hear a faint rumbling here in Malahide, most of the car patches covered again but not fully. Bit dissapointed!

It's been a mixture of heavy sleet/snow and hail so far but I'd say the temp is well above 0 because it's dissapearing from the car and drive already.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

VIEW FROM MY TOP WINDOW
    AND Shadow having a play around in the snow :cool:

cool dog

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

My wife has been sitting in the car park of her Blanch office for 30 mins trying to get out. :rolleyes: I'd say the roads are a mess in D15 right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

gone dead calm, were in the centre of a stomr cell here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

And Again out the front .... :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

Davo D wrote: »
    Rumbles of thunder in north Dublin.

i thought i was hearing something rumbling, i'm in dundrum though so not hearing anything big yet. we're having heaving hail/snow at the moment. lots of heavy snow about an hour ago, but i hope more is on the way :)

unfortunately i'm on the couch in my PJs with a big box of tissues, nursing what i'm hoping isn't swine flu after some friends of mine caught it! so there won't be any playing in the snow for me today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    did you not get a dusting last night Chicken? Snowed here for about 20 mins and topped up things. Was about 4am or so

didn't look any different this morning, so no I don't think so.... just another heavy frost.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

the flakes in leixlip have gone a bit smaller but its still really coming down.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Snow starting again Newcastle/Casement:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

She has just started snowing down in Newbridge , Big dirty flakes of it too !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Just started bucketing down in Dundalk.

Edit - Very heavy now. Never seen the like of it here before.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

one of the cutest puppies i've seen, love this and your other photo! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Bet he feels right at home on this weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

I like the 13:30 radar....c'mon...c'mon...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

LookingFor wrote: »
    Hmm. There doesn't seem to be anything on the met's rainfall radar behind the current two 'clumps'. Gotta feeling it might die out here shortly...

I think what we are getting at the moment is an outlying spiral from the system in the Channel, rather than just Irish Sea generated stuff. Once those lumps pass I think it will quieten down.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement