Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Tuesday/Wednesday (5/6 January 2010)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johnny1999

1.5 miles to go!!! I think i'm posting with worrying frequency!!!

Dark cloud surrounding the city, we better get some!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭domcq

Just stopped snowing heavily in Leixlip. Was heavy enough earlier to send collegues scrambling for their cars in fear that they might not make it home!

The drama, the drama...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Is that on Seapoint Rd? I hope the Main St is passable at least.

Yep, traffic is moving on main street although there is a lot of brown slush about..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

ffarrell wrote: »
    Starting to snow very heavily again in Dublin West (Castleknock). 7 cm at least has fallen perhaps more which gives us here an overall covering of about 10/11 centimetres with thick eyes mixed in and underneath. Just I am typing this there is a blizzard outside mixture of snow snow and graupel!!!!:D:D Glad you have gotten a few falkes in Waterford. Maybe Cork may get a little also.:D:D:D:D

Scary Stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Absolutely belting down the last hour and a half here in clondalkin only a small break for about ten mins!!! get in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭burger1979

Iancar29 wrote: »
    RUIN IT FOR US ALL WHY DONT U!!

Ha , only messin, now i can go a make some soup! :)

Yeah i only say what i see, i only says what i see's, and i see's blue sky too through a break in the clouds.:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

I dident know we were getting snow in north kildare......wow!!!!:p:p:p:p
    Stopped now,are we getting anymore:confused:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

It's just on the other side of the river Nore, I can nearly taste it it's so close!!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 johnnypc06

Any updates how things are round Ashbourne? There was still snow on the ground this mornign, so I'm gessing whatever fell stuck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Zenno how do you put mobile phone/camera photos on this Board??? I would like to post some. :D:D:D:D:D:D

copy the photo to your desktop. and then click post reply as you would with texting and then look up the top and you will see a black and white bean looking thing beside the white smily face it will say attachments. go in there and click browse your computer for your picture and click upload thats it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

Starting to snow very heavily again in Dublin West (Castleknock). 7 cm at least has fallen perhaps more which gives us here an overall covering of about 10/11 centimetres with thick eyes mixed in and underneath.

Was that measured or guesstimated ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Its getting very interesting now! Cirrus is now appearing and its coming from the east, the low clouds are still approaching from a NNE direction. The sky over the Irish Sea is now turning very dark!:cool:
    above post at 1133.
    I knew it, when I saw the cirrus going in a different direction to the lower clouds I knew there was something on but I have to admit I wasn't expecting thundersnow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭wushu

I do believe the movie "The day after tomorrow" was based on the snow showers on the east coast here:rolleyes: anyway still snowing on and off here in Wicklow town :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

trogdor wrote: »
    Yep, traffic is moving on main street although there is a lot of brown slush about..

Buses been pulled of herbert rd again... East Coast Radio has a full list of schools closed tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

It's just on the other side of the river Nore, I can nearly taste it it's so close!!!:D:D:D

Thought you'd have it by now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Stopped for about 30 mins, but back snowing in Citywest again now. About 1 inch on the ground. Road outside doesnt look fantastic..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Snowing in Waterford City! :D

About as light as it gets but yes it's snowing!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Stopped here in CC, however the hail that came down has covered everything, total whiteout.

If it snows on top of that it will make things worse come the drive home. In fact, the hail thats lying I would say will just be compacted into ice sheets.

Take care out there if you're on the road !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

Zenno how do you put mobile phone/camera photos on this Board??? I would like to post some. :D:D:D:D:D:D

You got to host them through here

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭paulhac

Thunder followed by huge heavy hail:D:D:D:D
    At last !! Was tellin the wife about your situation, She said the only guy in Ireland without snow!!! Tears in her eyes;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

There are some scattered snowflakes outside!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

An invitation; come up here! This too is Ireland..:D
    WolfeIRE wrote: »
    from those pics you would swear it was snowing and settling on the ground:confused:. Couldn't be though...this is Ireland.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭alentejo

It would appear that everybody is leaving work early in Dublin resulting in one big traffic snarl up. My advice would be stay in work until 5 and the worst should be over in terms of traffic and snow!

Roads around KCR 10 mins were slippy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

In_tuition wrote: »

i didnt i just uploaded them from the discription i just said with no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

snowing now just outside mullingar!!
    Nice little fluttery flakes
    and sky looks nice tooo!

Met Eireann -"dry and bright" me arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Stopped now & gone really really bright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

JPA wrote: »
    About as light as it gets but yes it's snowing!

Hopefully it will get heavier but I have my doughts looking at the radar.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Slowing down a little but , its all sticking :D

101161.jpg

Here is the traffic cams from the M50 if anyone wants to see what its like now

http://www.dublincity.ie/dublintraffic/

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Snoddy

I hope we get some more snow here in dundalk we got 15 minutes out that band at 1.30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

In_tuition wrote: »

No you don't. Host them on Boards.

Just click the paper clip (attachements) above the message box when posting. Select the image from your computer and hey presto :)

Plus, us who have imageshack/filesharing blocked in work can still see them then!! :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement