Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Tuesday/Wednesday (5/6 January 2010)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

heavy hailstones just there stopped again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

jenzz wrote: »
    Buses been pulled of herbert rd again... East Coast Radio has a full list of schools closed tomorrow

Do you know if Clonkeen College Deansgrange and Cluny in Killiney are closed?

My two sons and daughter are itching for 'good' news. :rolleyes:

Personally I think they should be. There'll only be severe injuries with the state of the roads here on Avondale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭steamjetjoe

Snowing in Kinnegad now ( westmeath )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

alentejo wrote: »
    It would appear that everybody is leaving work early in Dublin resulting in one big traffic snarl up. My advice would be stay in work until 5 and the worst should be over in terms of traffic and snow!

Roads around KCR 10 mins were slippy

Absolutely typical :rolleyes: One snow shower and its the end of the world ! Ireland for you.

No you don't. Host them on Boards.

Just click the paper clip (attachements) above the message box when posting. Select the image from your computer and hey presto :)

Plus, us who have imageshack/filesharing blocked in work can still see them then!! :mad:

yep that was what i done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

I don't think I'll see much more than those few flakes here in Waterford but it was nice to see them for the first time in this cold spell. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Keano! wrote: »
    Do you know if Clonkeen College Deansgrange and Cluny in Killiney are closed?

My two sons and daughter are itching for 'good' news. :rolleyes:

Personally I think they should be. There'll only be severe injuries with the state of the roads here on Avondale.

Not on the list:mad:

Seems to be schools Bray & south listed & lots of them ( except ours of course lol)

starting to snow heavy nownice big flakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭domcq

Snowing heavily outside Leixlip again - Lets hope the country grinds to a halt and we need sleigh dogs instead of scrappage schemes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

ffarrell wrote: »
    That is graupel not hail I suspect.:D:D:D:D
    all quiet now,is there any more on way?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Looby_Loo

Bucketing down here in north Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Landscape here is just surreal, is like another country.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Maybe no one can get in to leave a message....

Jake1 wrote: »
    Typicall Irish red tape. Jaze. Called the school to see if its open tomorrow. No answer, called Dept of Ed, they say schools open at their own discretion??? its blizzarding here in Lucan, and the schools havent bothered to contact parents. The school my daughter attends in on a hill in Lucan. I imagine that in the morning its going to be one very dangerous spot. Can it be so hard for them to have some announcement on the answer machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

It would seem to me that the band is dying out with the last of the clouds in between the Isle of Man and Wicklow now, could one of the experts comment on this? Is that the end of it or are we to expect more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

zenno wrote: »
    heavy hailstones just there stopped again.
    Hail in south Meath too. They are sticking. All the snow didn't. Edit : now light sleet

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Murphdog94

Incredible snow hear in South Dublin, Knocklyon:eek::eek:...... and it just doesn't Stop!!!!!:D:D:D
    Pictures below don't fully do justice to amazing snow. Perhaps dare I say even better than February!! No school tomorrow either!!!:D Remember all this appeared in less than two hours. (Some of which was hail)101167.JPG101169.JPG101171.JPG101164.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Snow flurries starting here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Buses been pulled of herbert rd again... East Coast Radio has a full list of schools closed tomorrow
    Not on the list:mad:

Seems to be schools Bray & south listed & lots of them ( except ours of course lol)

If I don't hear anything by 5 o'clock, then I'll take it that both will be open. Would be very surprised if it were to be the case mind you.

Woops sorry all didn't think they'd turn out so Big!!:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Still good lot of snow falling in Celbridge .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

about 40 minutes of snizzle flurries now not really amounting to anything extra on the snow we've had over past week. The initial part of todays snow brought about an extra quater to half a cm. I think were at the end of the snow band now and the Irish sea looks totally clear from here on for the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

No you don't. Host them on Boards.

Just click the paper clip (attachements) above the message box when posting. Select the image from your computer and hey presto :)

Plus, us who have imageshack/filesharing blocked in work can still see them then!! :mad:

I refer to your piece in bold - Yes you can though.

If you use it the way to suit yourself and others you end up with something disgusting as reflected in post 2539

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭thomasj

Snowing heavy in blanchardstown village again

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Murphdog94 wrote: »
    Incredible snow hear in South Dublin, Knocklyon:eek::eek:...... and it just doesn't Stop!!!!!:D:D:D
    Pictures below don't fully do justice to amazing snow. Perhaps dare I say even better than February!! No school tomorrow either!!!:D Remember all this appeared in less than two hours. (Some of which was hail)

You mite wana resize them pics for the people with the slower BB or on mobiles/iPhones

http://www.irfanview.com/ is a good free piece of software to do it

Supercell wrote: »
    Landscape here is just surreal, is like another country.
    Arklow isn't so unbelievable compared to South Dublin now eh??:p

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    great. Happy for you Maq. I think Waterford was the last county in ireland not to have seen a snowflake.

There hasn't been any in Cork City yet :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Irishmarinelife

A brief snow shower moved over Southwest Mayo and then out to sea at 12.30, heavy in some spots, but nothing stuck, temps are between 2° and 3° outside.

http://irishmarinelife.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Murphdog94 wrote: »
    Pictures below don't fully do justice to amazing snow. Perhaps dare I say even better than February!! No school tomorrow either!!!:D Remember all this appeared in less than two hours. (Some of which was hail)

You mite wana resize them pics for the people with the slower BB or on mobiles/iPhones

http://www.irfanview.com/ is a good free piece of software to do it

PHTOSHOP CS4 ALL THE WAY! :p:p:p

• Advertisement

yeah Murphdog94 thats real snow. we didn't get that sort here yet just starts and stops and the amounts are small so far.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement