Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Tuesday/Wednesday (5/6 January 2010)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

flanzer wrote: »
    There was something similar for 2 pm, and it didn't materialise

Oh it did , and it still is !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Stopped in Firhouse now. I reckon that's the last we'll see of it today - great stuff though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Supercell wrote: »
    Snow in Annamoe about an hour ago, is still like this, just everything is whiter....

Excellent SC. Thanks for sharing. Is that the Director's Commentary bonus feature on the DVD:p

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kopijacked

Ishmael wrote: »
    Might not be too long before it starts again, judging by those dark clouds anyway.

Let's hope!!!

They have given us the option of taking leave but being charged for it....not good enough snow!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

garytuohy wrote: »
    are we to expect another big lashing for 4 or so?? trying to organise business and getting home. Dont want to get stuck in here

The Irish sea is dead again north of Dublin, can only see Dublin city and southwards getting snow for the rest of today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Stopped in Firhouse now. I reckon that's the last we'll see of it today - great stuff though.

Looks like there's more on the way, I doubt it will be as heavy though

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    Excellent SC. Thanks for sharing. Is that the Director's Commentary bonus feature on the DVD:p

Lol, sorry for the lame ass commentary :D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

3hr ppn chart just got updated:

3hr-rain.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Glad to hear you guys in Dublin got 4 inches of snow , about time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Rambling rose

FINALLY light snow in Kilkenny City......keep it coming!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Snow in Annamoe about an hour ago, is still like this, just everything is whiter....

" Gwan the sneachta" :D:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I think the eagle is due to land around 3pm with met eireann's latest update

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Anyone in Bray, Greystones, Ashford, has it started up again or stopped?
    Is going great guns here still and thought it would have stoped by now judging by earlier posts?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kwinabeeste

Snowing in Dublin 4/14 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    Significant snow potential for sunday (edit). Classic atlantic V Easterly clash
    http://cache.netweather.tv/fax/PPVO89.png

Okay, so Jan 8th 1982 part deux. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Snowing now in Carrick-on-Suir in South Tipp!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

A few light flakes blowing around here in KK city now... and getting heavier as I type!

<Snow shield commander> SHE CANNAE HOULD CAP'N!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 W23

light snow just started in UCD again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭wushu

Is going great guns here still and thought it would have stoped by now judging by earlier posts?
    Just snow blowing in the wind here in Wickla town..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

ffarrell wrote: »
    Rang Met Office and got through to customer service section. They have just confirmed what I thought. Castleknock, Blanchardstown, Tyrellstown have had the highest snowfall in Dublin with up to 8/9 centimetres (4 inches)of FRESH snowfall. It is thick everywhere and still snowing.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Yaay, I was wondering how bad it was around the rest of the city but there's certainly alot in those areas above, you can't see some of the kerbs in places where the snow has drifted a little.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Same in South Kilkenny:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

White out drivin through Kinnegad-Woooohoooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭fathersymes

Downgrade on Rte news, wind changed direction to N, showers dying out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Good couple of inches in Naas now, hows it with you ??

Big massive flakes falling now ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭hawkwing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Stopped here a while back, temp back to 2.8C

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

That's like in 2 minutes...It's clear as a whistle at the airport barring the odd cloud. Maybe Met Eireann are getting it wrong today? (well, past midday anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

thats the end of the snow for north county dublin for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Lough Ramour beside Lakeside Manor Hotel in Cavan - totally frozen over. Sisters boyfriend walked out onto it yesterday...

18549_103519733006539_100000455378218_97091_1804735_n.jpg
    18549_103519736339872_100000455378218_97092_4835926_n.jpg

• Advertisement

Its been going for an 1 hour 20 mins here in Newbridge , looking at Sky news its going to calm down around 4pm

Temp here 0.1c

DP -1.9c

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement