Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpaid wages

Options
  • 05-01-2010 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me! Im having alot of difficultly obtaining my P45 and 4 days wages from my perviously employeer. Thankfully Revenue are taking care of obtaining the P45 but im unsure how to go about claiming my unpaid wages. Can anyone offer me some advice?

Thanks
    Ciarán

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Noodles5

Im in the process of something similar. I have made a complaint to the rights commissioner. Its a simple non payment of wages complaint. You just send in the form and the send one to your employer. A hearing date will be set unless payment is made.
    all the info will be here! :) Hope it helps!
    http://www.employmentrights.ie/en/informationforemployees/paywages/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

I experienced a similar problem recently, i was advised to bring the matter to the attention of the Labour Relations Commission, yes a form has to filled out but prior to doing so you must inform the employer who hasnt paid you, that you are bringing this course of action against them. I would advise doing this in writing, an email will suffice, in my situation this email was sufficient to scare the offending employer out of its intransigence and i was promptly paid my outstanding money. As regards your P45, its really not necessary, as long as you furnish the revenue with your new employers company registration number, you wont be overtaxed. Even when i have received a P45 from a previous employer i actually dont bother with it, i simply ring revenue and tell them my new employers company reg number and it always has been sufficient. hope this is helpful. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭CiaranC33

Hi Noodles thanks for the help. I hope everything works out ok for yourself.
    Take Care
    Ciaran

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭CiaranC33

Thats great heybaby. I will do exactly that. Thank you.

Ciaran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Noodles5

Whoops.. Meant to say make sure you inform your ex employer! ;) Mine is just a crook and doesnt care... ive told him time and time again but he's not even batting an eyelid! Im glad im just prepared to go as far as it takes!
    I always do the same as heybaby, I dont bother with p45's, just give the reg number to the tax office. Now that its a new year p45s dont matter for last year as you will be starting a new year of tax credits! Just get a P21 off the revenue and they will see if you are owed any tax back from 2009.
    Good luck with your complaint Ciaran, keep us updated! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement