Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat licking

Options
  • 05-01-2010 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Has anyone got any ideas on how to get my cat to stop licking my lips? When I'm asleep she has taken to waking me up by nuzzling my face and licking my lips and like seriously it grosses me out... understandably!!!!!! :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TskTsk

cyning wrote: »
    Hi,
    Has anyone got any ideas on how to get my cat to stop licking my lips? When I'm asleep she has taken to waking me up by nuzzling my face and licking my lips and like seriously it grosses me out... understandably!!!!!! :eek:

Are you putting moisturiser on your lips/face before you go to bed? I've noticed my cat seems to obsess over licking my hands after I've put some on :)

As I mentioned elsewhere, cats and dogs tend to dislike menthol, so maybe a tiny dab of Vicks beneath your nose might keep him/her away?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Zainal

Or short circuit that by locking the cat out of your room at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Not using moisturiser at night (although prolly should!!) so might try the vicks thing. I think she mimicing my oh or something: she taken to getting in under the blankets and curling up against me to go to sleep too.

Zainal wrote: »
    Or short circuit that by locking the cat out of your room at night.
    Nope she makes herself sick by crying when we does that!! Shes a rescued cat and clingy. I don't mind her in my room its just the licking that bothers me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TskTsk

Not using moisturiser at night (although prolly should!!) so might try the vicks thing. I think she mimicing my oh or something: she taken to getting in under the blankets and curling up against me to go to sleep too.

She's just being affectionate then... it could be worse, she should be waking you up by pawing/scratching your mouth. Cats will do whatever they can get away with. Mine also crawls into the bed and there's nothing you can do to stop her, bar shutting the bedroom door at night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Hi,

She just loves you :D

One of mine dribbles on me when he's happy.

Well I am a loveable person :rolleyes: its awfully weird waking up to a cat licking your lips too :P

So tried the menthol last night: she licked it off my fingers and tried to get up to my face to lick it ff then proceded to lick the tub of Vicks......... :rolleyes: only I would have the oddest cat in the world. Has anyone got any other tips I could try?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭October

Lick her back and see how she likes it!!

My cat wakes me by headbutting me or pawing my face (thankfully with his nails in). And then he will stand on my pillow and start kneading it!!

Cats are not supposed to like citrus smells - maybe you can get a citrus lip balm? They're not supposed to like tin foil either - tin foil on your lips :D

Sorry, I am of no help! From my experience it's almost impossible to stop a cat doing what it wants to do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

I'll second October, cats really hate citrus.

• Advertisement
Advertisement