Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell XPS vs Inspiron

• 05-01-2010 12:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭

Hi,

I''m in the market for a home PC. It will mainly be used for email, viewing and editing photos (photoshop etc), kids games (online and installed), scanning, editing documents and watching TV. We would not be using it for any high end gaming. I have a preference for Dell as I have found them to be very reliable and also a good price. My question is which would be best for this kind of usage, XPS or Inspiron?

Thanks in advance
    D8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'm always wary of these questions especially when gaming is mentioned..
    If you plan on doing light gaming...eg the kids etc then the Inspiron's a winner.
    You can always upgrade the video card later on but be aware there's only a 300w PSU on the Inspiron 545 which is offered here in Ireland.
    This severely limits what video cards you can put into it.
    If the gaming is only for the kids then the Inspiron's fine.
    If it's you that's gaming then I suggest getting the XPS or Studio systems....more powerful PSUs in those..
    So basically it's Inspiron/Studio/XPS in ratio of power.
    Maybe post what games you plan to plan on this and this would give us a better idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭d8player

I would not imagine myself or my wife doing any gaming on it. The kids are mostly doing online flash type applications.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Inspiron will do fine then...flash games are no problem for video cards..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

When i wanted to go for a high end gaming dell i went with the XPS. inspirion wouldnt handle it :)
    i agree with ber

Advertisement