Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will the schools reopen on Thursday!?

Options
  • 05-01-2010 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi just wondering if people think the schools will reopen on Thursday. I have to bring someone from Naas to Celbridge to school that day but wondering if the school will even be open? Any opinions?? Thanks!!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Call the school?

Roads were not gritted around Celbridge today and you would be mad to take that road if it's still bad on thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Scruff101

Tried to call the school no answer will keep trying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

what school - it may be on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Scruff101

Scoil na Mainistreach....nothing on site either. So annoying not knowing! I am thinking they probably won't open until Monday but obviously thats just my own opinion on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭loveforcelbridg

Let the boy stay home :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

I hope they are open. Its kind of silly to close a local school . Especally when 95% of the students live on the same small town.
    not like the parents have to drive 20 miles.

kids off mean parents cant get to work. Which mean trouble unless you have a very understanding employer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Teachers who supervise the kids might not live beside the school!

V dangerous with hundreds of kids around icy roads. Traffic building up around school in the morning and at home time - accidents waiting to happen.

Its not as simplistic as a parent thinking I have to get to work 20 miles away so it would be silly to close the school.

If road conditions are dangerous - its not silly to put health and safety first.

You won't be saying it's silly if you get a phone call saying your child slipped and broke something but the ambulance is having trouble getting out.

OP I'd imagine the principal with the Board of Management will decide tomorrow what to do. And then they will send a chain of text messages out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

dolliemix wrote: »
    Teachers who supervise the kids might not live beside the school!

V dangerous with hundreds of kids around icy roads. Traffic building up around school in the morning and at home time - accidents waiting to happen.

Its not as simplistic as a parent thinking I have to get to work 20 miles away so it would be silly to close the school.

If road conditions are dangerous - its not silly to put health and safety first.

You won't be saying it's silly if you get a phone call saying your child slipped and broke something but the ambulance is having trouble getting out.

OP I'd imagine the principal with the Board of Management will decide tomorrow what to do. And then they will send a chain of text messages out.

I do take your point. Its just so frustrating being at the mercy of school hours when trying to hold down a unstable job.

off coarse the safety of children on the road comes first.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

You might want to check this website

http://www.kfmradio.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

dolliemix wrote: »
    You might want to check this website

http://www.kfmradio.com/

i cannot believe that they closed school in newbridge and Nass today. traffic is moving at its normal pace. too many peopel have becoem freaked out from listening to joe duffz and his scare mongering.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

All schools closed till Thursday next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

All schools closed till Thursday next week

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0108/educationweather.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Scruff101 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if people think the schools will reopen on Thursday. I have to bring someone from Naas to Celbridge to school that day but wondering if the school will even be open? Any opinions?? Thanks!!

check out the school's website the evening before. they cannot remain closed indefinitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Richiecats

Nooooo

Advertisement