Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I find...

Options
  • 05-01-2010 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭

How do I find the owners of a property? The property was until recently a takeaway in the East Wall area but has closed down. However there is a collapsed drain under the property that is causing backups further down the street. The drainage contractors cannot reach the blockage and the Council Drainage cannot access the property as it's private.

Would anyone have an idea of how to locate the propety owners?

I am currently wadeing through the Land registry website where I'm being blinded by reams of information that is of no use to me at all.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Comments

Silly question, but did you ask the owners of the other business's around there?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Not a silly question at all. Noone along there has had any dealings with the owners before.
    It's the other businesses that are having the problem and one of them is a health clinic. Having blocked drains there is not a pleasent thought when even simple handwashing becomes an issue.
    Maintaining hygene standards in there must be a nightmare at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭com1

You could phone the last known number of the takeaway and see does anybody answer. Lookup the number in the phone book to find the company name then check the companies registration office for the contact details of the company.

Or look up the site with Land registry - check this site for details on how to go about looking up the details.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/housing/owning-a-home/buying-a-home/property_deeds

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Call into the Land Registry or go to the library and look up Thom's Directory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

maybe try looking up the name of the company on the company registrations office website

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭I_am_Jebus

landdirect.ie

You have to pay between 2.50 to 5.00 but you can find out the owners using an address search or a manual digital mapping search.

Use it a lot for work and it works very well. Sometimes folios aren't available for properties if there has been recent activity e.g. a sale of the land in question etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Thanks to all for the invaluable and timely advice.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

along with the land registery and thoms directory, you could try www.cro.ie, it might have the registered address of the business

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Paulyh

i second the Tomm's Directory.
    i have them around the office somewhere.......if you pm me the address i can try and look it up for you??

Advertisement