Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What sites are there where you can post pics for sale?

• 05-01-2010 1:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,157 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    What sites exist where I can post my pics and hopfully sell a few?
    I'm aware of a few but wondering which ones people use/think are good and what experiences have you had, did you sell any?

cheers,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭greeneyedspirit

The only site I'm using at the moment is Redbubble (www.redbubble.com) - the only thing I've sold from there is my calendar (http://www.redbubble.com/people/greeneyedspirit/calendars), but probably mainly because I shot out an email to friends/family... :p
    I do like the general layout and workings of the site, and the print quality is pretty decent, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

You can use Photobox Pro Gallery as well. I'm signed up but haven't got round to setting it up yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

Kbeg3 wrote: »
    You can use Photobox Pro Gallery as well. I'm signed up but haven't got round to setting it up yet!

I did the same but never got around to it as it seemed really difficult to set up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Stock sites
    dreamstime
    Getty- The business post always use them.
    Istock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,404 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Deviantart have been doing prints a long time, might be worth checking out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Don't believe you will sell ANYTHING without effort.

Sites are only a mechanism of displaying your work and in rare-ish circumstances where your work will be *found*.

I suggest to learn a bit of marketing (or morkiting if you have a particular twang to your accent :)) - in particular understand the marketing mix stuff. Then roll up the sleeves and do some hard graftin. Only *real* way tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Here's something that has just come into email.

From what I gather they will charge you a flat rate of £45 and give you a gallery and some other facilities. On the buyer side of it, they appear to be attempting to attract curators, publishers, etc... in terms of putting buyer and seller together.

http://www.bjp-online.com/public/showPage.html?page=872536

No idea whether it would actually work or not. It could be just another web site, and you'll still have to market and sell yourself and your work i'd expect.

OP - Did you progress your thinking any further on this?

Advertisement