Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android: Music Streaming

• 05-01-2010 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭

I recently got the Hero and have been searching for a good music app that streams music. I've tried a couple out but none so far fit the bill:

WikiTune: Playlist only up to 50 songs, doesnt play in background or with screen off

Tried the Last.fm station in WikiTune and I cannot log in even though it works on my laptop

iMusic: can only play one song at a time by searching for it?

MixZing: Just plays music on your own phone?

Droid Lite: Radio only

Last.fm is definately along the lines of what i'm after. Is there an app anybody has working? It is something to do with being in Ireland? Have come across mentions of Spotify and Pandora which dont work here from what I understand.

So to cut a long story short, has anybody any good music streaming app for android that plays with the screen off?

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭breeno

I had last.fm* working perfectly for a few weeks and it was great. Unfortunately, they've recently changed it to a pay service in Ireland which costs €3 per month. I'm thinking about signing up and paying as it's a great service and good for finding new bands etc.....

*I had it working on tunewiki and also an app called alast.fm player(forced close a bit so would recommend tunewiki)

Am interested to see if anybody knows of any other free apps or services though......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭JuJuBean

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but I think www.we7.com works ok, many of the songs are preview only but you'll get some playlists with very few previews.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭flugel

so last.fm does work in ireland so, well thats good to know.

when you used it through tunewiki did it play with the screen off as in phone locked? gonna have to try setting up a new last.fm account or something to see if i can get it working

we7.com you'd obviously just use through the browser i take it? i'll check it out later. an app would be preferable tho as it'd be a lot neater and easier to use i'd imagine

EDIT:

set up a new last.fm account, tried it again through tunewiki and get the same error message, cannot connect to server, try again, have checked username & password correct numerous times

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭flugel

aLastfm app just worked for me, uncapitalised my user name (read to try it oline) and its works. i'll consider the €3 a month i think if it works properly

Advertisement