Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacing an engine

• 05-01-2010 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

Hi i have a Corsa B 1.0 (x10xe engine) which might need an engine change. how long would it take a mechanic to repalce it and how much would they charge me? just labour not for parts.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

I'd imagine what ever they charge you it will never be economical to chuck an engine into a corsa B, best to start off fresh for the sake of your wallet.

What year is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

it is a 99 but in great condition, apart from the engine of course. how long would it take to do the job tho?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 AdyDurn

I think my sister was quoted two full days, and recommended that she leave it the week for her '95 model.

I would agree it's almost definitely better to start fresh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ManWithNoName

I know who can replaced engine for max 200 eur (just work )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I had one of these, does the engine definitely need to be replaced or is it just something you think it might be?

• Advertisement
Advertisement