Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crooked gardai

Options
  • 05-01-2010 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

hi everyone, just wondering has anyone ever had any dealings of a crooked nature with the gardai? i dont mean now is anyone here crooked i mean as in have any gardai ever come across to you as corrupt or anything like that have you any experience first hand?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Well I've come across an unnecessarily violent Garda, a Garda who was a drug dealer, and a Garda who I grew up with and would describe as "corrupt scum".

They're the only three Gardai I've ever met.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 jasonpbmw

i perswonally know of a few myself and it makes me sick the way they can do the things they do and get aweay with it, if you or me done it we'd be locked up for life

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭who what when

Went to Thailand with a crowd of lads a few years ago.
    One guy shagged quiet a few prostitutes and took A LOT of drugs!
    He was a gaurd. Fairly sound fella he was too!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

This thread, as started, is either going to reply on unsubstantiated anecdote, which is pretty much useless in this forum, or is going to reply on substantiated anecdote about particular identifiable individuals, in which case, go complain to the Garda ombudsman rather than have the site get sued over the libel generated as a result. The useless unsubstantiated anecdote makes it a pointless thread from the Politics forum's point of view though.

On the basis of the above, as started this isn't a Politics thread. If you feel the need, start another thread with examples of people who have been found guilty in a court as that's actual particular evidence.

This isn't the ranty anecdote forum. Hence, locked. OP, if from your point of view I'm less than clear as to the rationale, feel free to PM me with specific questions as to the reason for locking. It should be clear enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement