Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deutsch perfekt magazine

• 05-01-2010 1:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭

Just a little heads up for all of ye out there learning German - anyone using 'Deutsch perfekt'?

www.deutsch-perfekt.com

Pretty good site, and my OH (who is learning German to be able to converse with my side of the family :p) is raving about it. Looking at it from a German point of view, it's a pretty cool magazine.
    The whole thing is written in German, with word explanations in German, too. It's geared at people with a certain level of German, but has easy, intermediate and difficult texts, which are marked as such.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Pete4779

Yeah it is excellent. You need to be at e.g., A2 or more to really get going, but it's great for picking up vocabularly. I usually pick it up in a newsagents when I am there, CH or AT. Probably worth getting the PDF subscription though and having it emailed, but the paper version is nice.

Goethe Institut in Dublin sometimes have them in the library but they usually disappear quite fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭greeneyedspirit

Pete4779 wrote: »
    Yeah it is excellent. You need to be at e.g., A2 or more to really get going, but it's great for picking up vocabularly. I usually pick it up in a newsagents when I am there, CH or AT. Probably worth getting the PDF subscription though and having it emailed, but the paper version is nice.

Goethe Institut in Dublin sometimes have them in the library but they usually disappear quite fast.

You can get the paper version sent to you if you get a normal subscription, that's what my OH has... Cost is 63 quid a year, I think. So they do ship to Ireland (and wherever else ye might be :))!

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Micamaca

I have bought this a few times, but they are ruddy expensive...the problem is they are geared at all levels. So you're paying for stuff you already know.

Here is another online resource that is free and has interesting and up-to-date articles as well as online exercises. Have fun. http://www.deutschlern.net/

Advertisement