Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got To Dance

Options
  • 05-01-2010 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

Anyone watch on Sky 1?

Davina McCall is presenting and the judges are Adam Garica, Kimberly from Pussycat Dolls and Ashley Banjo from Diversity

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭smares

Yep I watch it think it's great.And i really liked how Kimberly would not put some little guy through because he had a sad story about not being able to go to dance school, I know it might sound harsh but it is judged on your dancing not sympathy.
    Looking forward to next one- thumbs up from me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

All kids in the final!! That's gas. The eldest is only 17.

I think the audience voted a great mix of dancers so I'm looking forward to the final :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Awh yay! I wanted The Box, Jukebox Juniors & Akai in the top 3 and they are :) I'd prefer if a group win it because they need to fundraise and that. Matthew & Emily will no doubt get scholarships to prestigious dance schools and have huge careers in the futures, so it's a great result all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,258 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

10-year-old street dancer Akai Osei won Sky1 reality show Got To Dance last night.
    Osei beat The Box and Jukebox Juniors to win the £100,000 prize and series title. Earlier in the evening, bookmakers' favourites Emily Crow and Matthew Koon were knocked out of the contest.
    The Kent-based star was given three gold stars by judges Ashley Banjo, Kimberly Wyatt and Adam Garcia after his first performance. "You're a born performer," commented Garcia afterwards.
    His second dance routine, which also got three gold stars from the judges, was based around tracks by Missy Elliot, Michael Jackson and Joe Budden. Wyatt admitted afterwards that the young performer had the look of a winner.
    Speaking afterwards to host Davina McCall, Osei said: "This is amazing! It's been the best night of my life."
    The dancer previously revealed that he wanted to spend his winnings on a mobile phone, but said last night that he would also like to give some money to charity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

I wish the box had won, they were so damn cute!
    Nearly brought a tear to my eye watching them in the semi final, captivating stuff!

• Advertisement

Back tonight on Sky 1 for a second season - they came to Ireland for auditions this time around also

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Somewhat surprised the Gingerbread character dancer didn't get through.
    He did let himself down in the second half of his routine but he showed he was capable of some serious good stuff in the first half.
    He should have got another next round chance at least.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭smares

Can't believe she went through!:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf4eOzNvOR8&feature=aso

smares wrote: »

Me too and I think she stole some of my moves :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

Been watching this year again and it's been great. I love the way the judges arn't crewl for the sake of it as can happen in some other talent shows.

Some great acts this year, my favourite preformance so far has been Adam the popper whose now in a group with the crazy popper. Well actually both of those guys were outstanding!

Can't wait to see what they come up with together, could either be fabulous or they could end up really not working as a group...will just have to wait and see.

Is the semi final on tonight at 9 on Sky 2?? Or tomorrow at 8pm on Sky 1?? My TV guide doesn't say if it's the semi final or not so it could just be repeats. I always seem to miss it :(

Edit: Just saw an ad for it, the first semi final is on tomorrow at 6pm on Sky 1 :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

smares wrote: »

Oh wow! I must've missed that episode but have to admit, I really did laugh in a good way while watching it! Her name was quite apt, it did bring me happyness :D

I know what you mean though, there wasn't much in what you'd call "skill" there but I supose sometimes it doesn't really matter. Remember Stavros Flatley in Britans Got Talent? Compared to the other acts they wern't on the same level but they brought something else. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭HooterSnout

I like this show. However Davina McCall is unbearable to watch. :mad:

Advertisement