Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 Webtext

Options
  • 05-01-2010 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum, but do you guys know if there is a way to bulk upload contacts to o2 web texts?? All help greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

What exactly is involved in adding a contact on the O2 site? I don't have access to the o2 webtext site to check but if you can e-mail me the source of the pages involved i'll have a look and see how it would be possible.

I could probably make a Windows desktop app. I'm only beginning to learn mobile development. Starting on Android but plan on learning iPhone too..

What mobile platform are you using?

Take a look at www.cabbagetexter.com

I am making an app using the sending scripts from that site. My app can access the contacts from Outlook 2003 which are synced with my android phone.

What phone are you using? Could you do the same as me and this might solve your problem..

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

techguy wrote: »

nice app mate!

any plans to do an eirtext clone for android? would be a big hit on android!

give me a pm if your interested

Cool, thanks..

That link is outdated now. There is a slightly improved version on my blog.

Yes, I have plans to make something like that for Android. I've been really busy with things lately and have yet to learn the Android SDK.

Have you any experience with the SDK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

yeah i had a browse around your blog, on a linux machine now so cant install

im afraid i dont have any experience with android sdk. i thought you might going by your other posts. my older brother is an experienced programmer so was thinking about getting him and someone else to share the workload to come up with something useful.

he just got the hero so is looking to do something.

Cool, I have Hero also..

Yea, i'd be interested in that.. I need something to get me motivated to learn the SDK..

Sure mention it to him and he can contact me if he's interested in working on a project together. :-)

--Techguy.

smsworld wrote: »
    what is exactly you need? Uploas contact list to O2 and send out messages to your friends? Why dont you have a look at www.etext.ie the company does everything you need via text messages.

Spam much?? 3 of your 4 posts have been promoting this service.. I'm sure there's a link here somewhere for buy ad space :P

sms_spam-1.jpg

Advertisement