Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tungsten Balanced film

• 05-01-2010 1:48pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭

do they still stock this in town? need a few rolls of slide 35mm, with work its a trek to town so just wanna see if folk have seen any?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,302 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i *think* i have some expired 64T at home - would be expired a few years though (would hazard a guess of a BBE of 2005), but they've been sitting in a fridge for the last couple of years.
    i've no plans to use it, so if you want to experiment with it, you can have it, assuming it's still there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

do they still stock this in town? need a few rolls of slide 35mm, with work its a trek to town so just wanna see if folk have seen any?

Is this to x-pro ? Or for legitimate reasons ? I have a couple of rolls of 64t 35mm and another few of 120 at home but I'm jealously guarding them. Its the best xpro film I've tried.

Never seen it in town but never really asked or looked for it. Try all the usual suspects I guess.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Is this to x-pro ? Or for legitimate reasons ? I have a couple of rolls of 64t 35mm and another few of 120 at home but I'm jealously guarding them. Its the best xpro film I've tried.

Never seen it in town but never really asked or looked for it. Try all the usual suspects I guess.

yes for xpro, doing a fashion shoot, gonna shoot just film, some ilford sfx, and some 64t is the plan,

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i *think* i have some expired 64T at home - would be expired a few years though (would hazard a guess of a BBE of 2005), but they've been sitting in a fridge for the last couple of years.
    i've no plans to use it, so if you want to experiment with it, you can have it, assuming it's still there.

that would be perfect, an exchange could be done :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

If you're shooting these for fashion, shoot some normally processed film or digital too. You have no real control over xpro, so if the colours go arseways, it can leave you in trouble. You're going to need some form of realistic representation to fall back on if you client isn't happy with the xpro or sensitivity the sfx will bring you. Always cover your arse in there situations, no matter how much of a romantic notion there is to shoot and process all sorts of 'out there' ways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

And those colours WILL go arseways :-)

1248295270_9d340c80d1.jpg

3147153815_87b7f97333.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,302 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i have six rolls of 120, BB 2004, and four rolls of 35mm, BB 2005.
    melekalikimaka, do you want the 35mm or 120? you have first dibs on both, but if you only want one format, daire has first dibs on the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

The magic 80a filter?

You could use standard daylight balanced films then......

http://www.hoya-online.co.uk/lst93.htm

i have six rolls of 120, BB 2004, and four rolls of 35mm, BB 2005.
    melekalikimaka, do you want the 35mm or 120? you have first dibs on both, but if you only want one format, daire has first dibs on the other.

35mm please. thanks

Fajitas! wrote: »
    If you're shooting these for fashion, shoot some normally processed film or digital too. You have no real control over xpro, so if the colours go arseways, it can leave you in trouble. You're going to need some form of realistic representation to fall back on if you client isn't happy with the xpro or sensitivity the sfx will bring you. Always cover your arse in there situations, no matter how much of a romantic notion there is to shoot and process all sorts of 'out there' ways.

its a tag along event, yeah its fashion... i've done a few before and will be doin a bit of digital, just bored tbh and wanna give some other things a shot, and looked about and didnt find much tungsten xproed fashion shoots, and given your points im not suprised, plus the sfx is sitting on its arse here, not a landscape man so cant see much use for it, damn impluse buys

• Advertisement

Ah, yer one of them tag-along feicers?

Put down your camera and do some work :p

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Ah, yer one of them tag-along feicers?

Put down your camera and do some work :p

its one of those photo meets with a rake of muas/models/photographers/props. i aint no lighting monkey!!

Even worse!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭darraghsherwin

Gunns on Camden St and Photocare on abbey street have some 35mm Fuji 64T
    Darragh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jjoconnor

photocare on middle abbey street used to have expired 135 really cheap - like €1 or €2 a roll I think, try them

i find t64 is the worst film to cross process if you shoot indoors - but outside in really REALLY brightest ever sunny condition, then it's gorgeous

Advertisement