Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JJ Closed 5th of Jan

Options
  • 05-01-2010 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭

Just to let anyone who was planning on coming in today, the library is closed today due to a power cut.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

Not just the library, but the SU Shop, School of Information and Library Studies, Archives, Careers Office, 911 Cafe, Adult education: anything in that building.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

think I heard powers back on now though..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Bah, I'm settled and warm in the daedalus... Not going to go across the the library for only two hours, too much effort :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Walls wrote: »
    Not just the library, but the SU Shop, School of Information and Library Studies, Archives, Careers Office, 911 Cafe, Adult education: anything in that building.

Health Sciences Building was affected as well, as was the Conway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TheJeanGenie

I'd heard Health Sciences had power cut, but also the rest-that's mad! Hopefully they sorted it

• Advertisement

Wasn't bothered going in today cuz of the weather, but, out of interest, does anyone know if the library is actually open? My rugby training was cancelled this evening because the sports centre and roads into UCD are closed.

WeeBushy wrote: »
    Wasn't bothered going in today cuz of the weather, but, out of interest, does anyone know if the library is actually open? My rugby training was cancelled this evening because the sports centre and roads into UCD are closed.
    What roads are closed? Lights are still on in library so I guess still open, campus is a ghost town though

stop wrote: »
    What roads are closed? Lights are still on in library so I guess still open, campus is a ghost town though

Dunno, my captain texted me saying training was off because roads and the sports centre were closed. Not sure which roads he meant, I wasn't complaining, all I cared about was that training was cancelled :D

Nah roads seemed to be open, though Clonskeagh Road is just not moving, very messy!

He must've been making excuses. I'm not complaining though!

• Advertisement
Advertisement