Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas boiler servicing in Waterford?

Options
  • 05-01-2010 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Anyone recommend a good (qualified) person to service a gas boiler locally? It's making an awful squealing sound for the first few mins when it's switched on.

I heard some service people just give it a hoover out, but I think this needs more. Recommendations welcome :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MrMagoo

Cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

I used Byrne Gas & Electrical, 52 The Glen Waterford, back in November when my gas appliance stopped working. I found them very responsive and good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

fairfield gas are good too... serviced mine a few weeks bak..sound guy

his number is 087 641 3244

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Black Dog

Don Landy in Ferrybank has done all my plumbing jobs for over thirty years - the best of the best.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Bugnug

Black Dog wrote: »
    Don Landy in Ferrybank has done all my plumbing jobs for over thirty years - the best of the best.
    I can second that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 luckypar

I've used Lar Power to service my gas boiler for the last 4 years. Very thorough and professional job. His number is 086 2548645.
    The previous guy was expensive and was in and gone in 30 minutes, which makes you wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 beanieb

Don Landy is very good. I had problems with my boiler not kicking in for up to 2 hours with the problem getting worse by the day. Rang another guy who's name i wont mention and of course he tried to convince me it was the PCB board which is a very costly job. He was told to sling his hook and never darken my doorstep again needless to say he scarpered once he realised he wasn't going to be able to con me. So i got the name Don Landy from this board and his men had my boiler fixed in just under an hour and just like i suspected it was not the PCB board. He saved me upwards of €500 and more. Big shout out for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Typhoon. wrote: »
    fairfield gas are good too... serviced mine a few weeks bak..sound guy

his number is 087 641 3244

+1 sound bloke and does a good job.

Advertisement