Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel graph question

Options
  • 05-01-2010 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭

I have a problem with the Y axis of a graph in Excel. It goes from 0 to 30 but I want it to go from 0 to 100 in percent (ie 30 is 100 percent).
    I don't know if that is possible as the graph's source data are from cells in another tab that are numbers which go from 0 to 30. I want it to convert the value to a percentage of 100.
    I have tried changing the source data but to no effect.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Herbal Deity

I'm no Excel expert, but make another column for percentages which would be the actual values multiplied by 3.33333333... and use that?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Right-click on the Y-axis -> Format. You can set the maximum value there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

I'm no Excel expert, but make another column for percentages which would be the actual values multiplied by 3.33333333... and use that?

Yeah that's what I did, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

I tried messing around with this but the only way I could get it to work was if the source data was expressed as a decimal then format the chart as a percentage

Advertisement