Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap lunch in good restaurant?

Options
  • 05-01-2010 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭

That's basically what I'm looking for. Are there any decent restaurants that have a cheap lunch menu? i.e. that would feed 2 for €15? I've been looking around online, but none of the main ones are affordable at lunch at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

€15 for two is a little ambitious!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I'd hate to think what u would be served for 7.50 a head
    Most good restaurants do a lunch deal for 20 per head which I think is value for money

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

If you're in Dublin. Try Little Caesar's on Balfe Street off Chatham street. Mains are €7, starters €3, side order orders €2.25. Decent food for the prices.

http://www.littlecaesars.ie/

For €20, there are definitely more places that fall in that range. Cafe Boulevard on Exchequer street have mains for €10. Always a decent bit of grub.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pjays

If you re willing to pay 4 euro more, I've just seen today that Da Pino are doing a 2 course lunch for 8.95 a head. It's down on Parliament Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Pjays wrote: »
    If you re willing to pay 4 euro more, I've just seen today that Da Pino are doing a 2 course lunch for 8.95 a head. It's down on Parliament Street.

I've been there for the lunch special (mon-fri) a few times and it's really good value. Starter, main, plus tea or coffee for 8.95

The food is nice, the portion sizes are very decent (and I've a pretty big appetite) and the service was friendly and not rushed.

Last time there I had a really good prawn and avocado salad for starter followed by a perefectly cooked steak (about 7oz) with baked potato and side salad. The Chicken casserole is good also, and if you order pizza you can choose from any full sized pizza on the main menu, you're not restricted because it's a special. All in all it's one of the best value lunches I've had in Dublin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement