Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Mortgage Calc's

Options
  • 05-01-2010 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering how accurate the banks mortgage calcs are in relation to honest input. I've been told by friends that the banks have them set to show that you can borrow more than you really can to get you in the door.

Who has the best one and who is lending to non First time buyers at the moment?

I've spent the last 18months working at clearing car loans and credit card so now i'm debt free and saved some funds i'm looking to get back on the mortgage trail.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭ferga_com

AIB, Bank of Ireland / ICS and EBS / Haven are the three lenders that are actively lending to First Time Buyers at the moment, in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

Thanks for that but i was looking to see who was lending to NON ftb's.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

It's pretty much the same banks lending to non FTBs aswell. AFAIK, most of those online calculators show the max you can apply for, not how much they will definitely lend. They're really only for a rough guide though.

Advertisement