Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help building on a tight budget

Options
  • 05-01-2010 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭

So im finally willing to take the plunge and building a gaming box. getting bored of Xbox360 gaming.

got a budget of around €500, and i don't need a monitor (have 1 running at 1280x1024), but im planning on getting a nice 22" soon enough.
    dont need keyboard/speakers/DVD drive, but i do need a mouse.
    i can also source a student OS , so no need for that.

i was planning on getting the Aldi build, as it seems good value for money, but as i said i dont need some peripherals, and having to replace the PSU and graphics card seems a bit much. do you reckon you can show me the light?

oh i did read through the Komplet competition, but as ive been out the PC game for quite some time, im not sure what really is good value or not.

Advertisement