Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania

Options
  • 05-01-2010 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi everyone.

I normally order everything from Komplett, but they don't have what I'm looking for this time. Pixmania do, are they trustworthy? It's about 200 Euros worth, any problems I should expect?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

You'll probably get an awful lot of people on here telling you they are rubbish, i've had one or two problems myself with them. If the product you receive is working fine, no probs, but if there's a fault you're looking at 6 or 7 weeks (in my experience) to get it replaced which is quite annoying to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Messerschmitt

Thanks.

Are Dabs.ie any better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I'll let someone else field that one as i've no experience of them! prices generally look reasonable enough though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Pixmania are the same company as Currys/Pc World

I've had experiences with Dabs.ie, security is tight with them on Your first order, they make You verify address which will add a few days to Your first order, but ordrs after that are fine. Even though You order through their .ie site, all orders get shipped from UK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭docmol

I've ordered from Dabs for years without problem. Once I had to RMA a graphics card that was about 10 months old. They paid for the courrier and refunded me (this took about 3 weeks), so I would recommend them. If you have to send anything back just pack it well. The RMA page on their website even prints you a packing label!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Dabs are fine, apart from the security check thing. Pixmania i find lolz. i ordered a 4890 and got a Nc20 delivered instead.

Rma With dabs can be a bit of a hassle, same with pixmania

Out of interest, what are you looking for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I had probs with their security.
    Apparently my esb bill was not adequate for proof of address :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Messerschmitt

Thanks.
    Out of interest, what are you looking for ?

http://www.dabs.ie/products/saitek-pro-flight-yoke-system-4QZ6.html?q=saitek

http://www.dabs.ie/products/saitek-pro-flight-rudder-pedals-4B41.html?q=saitek
    I had probs with their security.
    Apparently my esb bill was not adequate for proof of address

What would be considered adequate, and do you just e-mail it to them or what?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Ah flight sim stuff. Komplett do seem to have the headphones though :

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=380612

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

had problems with dabs security aswell, they wanted all my credit card details eventhough I wanted to pay with paypal, which I use so I don't have to give out my creditcard details!??!

• Advertisement
Advertisement