Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non authentication to SBS 2008 w/ network cable

Options
  • 05-01-2010 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Bit of a strange one here... I have a Vista Business PC which has been in use with a SBS2008 domain since the middle of 2009. No issues whatsoever until now.

With the network cable plugged in, the password is not accepted for the username. Nor is any username/pw accepted for other domain users.

If I unplug the network cable, the password is accepted. Then, when I plug the network cable back in, all seems ok as in:

Outlook connects to exchange
    Mapped drives are accessible
    I can ping google and load webpages
    Skype logs in
    ...you get the picture.

I have joined a fresh installed laptop to the server and logged in OK with the Vista user's username/password without any problems. The laptop is XP, but ideally I'd like to try it with V.Business to replicate the PC.

It's something I have never seen before, ever. Any ideas please?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

Sounds like the computer account for that machine is having bother with active directory, remove the computer from the domain back to a workgroup, delete the computer account in AD then rejoin the pc to the domain.

Advertisement