Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

D40 18-55 Kit Lens Problem

• 05-01-2010 2:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭

My 18-55 lens has stopped autofocusing, when I press the button there is a whirring noise but it wont focus or take a pic. When I use my other lens 55-200, there is no problem with it. So I presume the 18-55 lens is somehow damaged. Is there anywhere that carries out lens repairs as it is out of warranty. Thanks.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭zdooldreb

This is the only Nikon repair centre in Ireland
    http://www3.europe-nikon.com/support/en_GB/local_content/broad/186/1.html

I had a problem with my D40 a while back and I sent it here. I got it back in about 10 days and have had no problems since.
    Give them a ring and they should give you a rough estimate when you describe the problem.
    However, im guessing it will be nearly as dear to fix it as it would be to buy a new lens.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭conair01

thats sounds like a problem that i had with my D80. i took the battery out of the camera while it was still on which seemed to reset the focusing motor! my be a help but if in doubt

From the Nikon website

SLR Service Centre
    Rathmolyon
    Co Meath
    Eire
    Tel (Eire) 04695 57151
    Tel (From UK) 00353 4695 57151

Advertisement