Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kevin Myers defends TV3, attacks RTE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Does anyone pay attention to that prima-dona reactionary dinosaur anymore?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Straw man stuff from Myers again - while some have said it should not have been reported at all most of the backlash against TV3 results from the fact that their timing forced Lenihan to tell his family of his illness by Christmas Eve or Day and in the poor way in which Halligan delivered the story (which included referring to Lenihan in the past tense).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

The link wouldn't load for me. Anyway, how is it their duty to report this on St. Stephens Day for crying out loud? Does he even know the meaning of common decency? How the hell is it their "duty", when the man didn't even have enough time to tell his extended family? Would it have made one iota of a difference if they had left it go until after the Christmas period? No, none whatsoever. TV3's news coverage is a load of tabloid rubbish anyway and Kevin Myarse is a clown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Teclo

Oh, no God, this has brought to my mind the love child of Myers and Halligan. No, No, I say. Pompous Tit and green perm, No, No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

How does his name even get through the boards filters?

He earns his living trolling,Gobshi*te!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Teclo wrote: »
    Oh, no God, this has brought to my mind the love child of Myers and Halligan.

Great now i have the theme from the Omen going around in my head.

Kevin Myers being contrary to everyone else?

Hardly surprising.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

Myers is a gob****e!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Bosco boy wrote: »
    Myers is a gob****e!

May'be TV3 will use 'K Myers is a Gob****e' as a headline on another slow news day.
    supposedly he writes for a 'quality' newspaper:rolleyes:
    I hope if the same should happen to him or someone he loves{i'd bet nobody loves him!}He will also feel as comfortable about it being in the press at xmas and before he tells all his family first.

I doubt it though as B Lenihan as a person is ten times the man Myers was or ever will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I think it is funny that he thinks RTÉ lead with the story against TV3 when they were battling not to mention TV3's announcement. In actually fact it was his sister paper the Sunday Indo that ran with the outrage against TV3, not RTÉ, the following Sunday morning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement