Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

heating system

Options
  • 05-01-2010 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

hi all,
    we are at planning stage and considering at the moment heating systems. Thinking of going with something along the following lines if possible, would be interested in any opinions/advice and estimates of cost of this

house is 2700 sq ft. thinking of putting in part underfloor heating (in a large portion of downstairs open plan area and part rads in the rest using a heat condensing oil fired boiler. We would hope to supplement this with a stove in open plan area, hopefully with a back boiler to heat water/rads. We also intend solar panels for water and are looking at 3 zones at present

what do you reckon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Wolfhound14

Why both?
    I am (hopefully) not far behind you. Planning decision due next week on a similar size house.
    I have done alot of reading and am leaning towards underfloor with a large thermal store. Still not decided on heat source for thermal store.
    In general, from what I have read, Oil goes best with radiators and would not be that efficient for UFH.

Advertisement