Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your favourite Killstreak?

Options
  • 05-01-2010 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

hi guys im just wondering what ur favourite killstreak is? i think the harrier is good for only 7 kills!

What is your favourite Killstreak? 77 votes

3- UAV
    0% 0 votes
    4- Care Package
    0% 0 votes
    4- Counter UAV
    2% 2 votes
    5- Sentry Gun
    0% 0 votes
    5- Predator Missile
    2% 2 votes
    6- Precision Airstrike
    6% 5 votes
    7- Harrier Strike
    0% 0 votes
    7- Attack Helicopter
    12% 10 votes
    8- Emergency Airdrop
    2% 2 votes
    9- Pave Low
    6% 5 votes
    9- Stealth Bomber
    18% 14 votes
    11- Chopper Gunner
    0% 0 votes
    11- AC-130
    32% 25 votes
    15- EMP
    15% 12 votes
    25- Nuke
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

My current setup is 7-9-11

harrier, pavelow & chopper gunner

It gives me something to aim for rather than getting care packages all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭JamieDev

ya i would usually do predator, harrier, chopper gunner but somtimes change it for different game modes. like search and destroy i would choose UAV, care package and predator.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

taking out a harrier or chopper (or dare I say it, an AC-130) with a predator is very satisfying, albeit tricky!

minotour wrote: »
    taking out a harrier or chopper (or dare I say it, an AC-130) with a predator is very satisfying, albeit tricky!

its actually very easy.. The ammount of times ive taken out my own pavelow

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Tallon wrote: »
    its actually very easy.. The ammount of times ive taken out my own pavelow

I tried that but it didnt work, It just the hit the chopper and exploded and the chopper kept on shooting :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Pave low ;) get alot of kills with that yoke.

1.Predator Missile
    2.Harrier Strike
    3.Pave Low

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Chopper Gunner is my fav with Ac coming in second (though only got it a few times) I like the emergency airdrop too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 alpomb

I've gone back to the pavelow recently (having changed to chopper gunner/AC130) and couldn't believe how many kills it was getting....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I chose Predator Missile. There is logic behind this choice though, I swear.

I only play on hardcore and the amount of people with cold-blooded on is crazy (I'm one of them). I'll regularly call in a predator missile and only see 1 red box! So the extra benefit gained from something like the chopper gunner is all but lost. Also, any aerial assault killstreak is usually shot down in seconds, and, because it's hardcore, killing your own team-mates is a regular occurance with things like the harrier strike or worse still the killinator 5000 - stealth bomber!

So, for the 'effort required to unlock' to 'benefit from use' ratio, Predator Missile does the job for me.

Chopper Gunner is by far the most fun to use though!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

I've been playing around with a few different killstreaks lately.

I use team games for levelling up killstreaks so I'm working on Care Package, Sentry Gun & Harrier. I will replace Care Package with UAV once the challenges are done.

My FFA loadout is Predator, Harrier and Pave Low. I used to have the precision airstrike in there as well but swapped it out for the Pave Low once I called it in 50 times and beat the challenge. Chopper Gunner is going to be the next one on that list I think, maybe replacing the harrier.

I'd love to have more detailed stats like total number of kills via Harrier etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

In my last three matches i've got,
    6 predator missiles
    6 harrier strikes
    5 pave lows :D
    Delighted with myself lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭shanec1928

predator
    herrier
    emergency air drop can be good most of the time got 4 uavs in a game of s&d before was not pleased with that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Haven't got them all yet so haven't voted but surely EMP is the most useless killstreak of the the lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

silvine wrote: »
    Haven't got them all yet so haven't voted but surely EMP is the most useless killstreak of the the lot?

The idea is good but the execution is awful. I see the emp as a defensive weapon. Something to stop your opponents air support and give you a breather for awhile / build up individual killstreaks on your team. If youre on a 15 killstreak the last thing you need is a defensive weapon. Its only really rubbing salt in the wounds of your enemy. Now if they changed killstreak needed for an emp to say 6 then more people would pick it. The people who need the emp are those who are getting hammered,they need a device to even things up.

Anyway for ground war - Predator missile, Harrier Strike, Ac-130 or chopper gunner

For free for all - Predator missile, Harrier Strike, Pave low

It may be a good idea in free for all to switch the predator missile with a care package and use it as a "bait crate". Ive noticed people tend to flock towards the crates to either steal the package or rush over to it to kill the owner.

silvine wrote: »

Great when you have a couple of nuke boosters in your lobby.
    I got 12 messages saying how much of a dick I was because some boosters Nuke didn't go off!
    Great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Great when you have a couple of nuke boosters in your lobby.
    I got 12 messages saying how much of a dick I was because some boosters Nuke didn't go off!
    Great.

errrrr the EMP does nothing against a nuke...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

I usually go

Harrier Airstrike
    Chopper Gunner
    Nuke

you just gotta have Nuke enabled

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

c0rk3r wrote: »
    errrrr the EMP does nothing against a nuke...

yes it goes...if you fire the EMP during the nuke countdown it gets cancelled...
    It will also bring down any choppers/jets in the air etc..
    But 15 kills for it is way too high...if anything the pavelow should be 15 and the EMP 9..

Berkut wrote: »
    yes it goes...if you fire the EMP during the nuke countdown it gets cancelled...

No it does't!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

AC130 is my favourite just because its good fun controlling it. However chopper gunner is the way forward for most kills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Tallon wrote: »

ah right..it only postpones it if you fire the EMFp first...
    well that's fúckin stupid...what about all those IW díckheads who said that EMP could stop the nuke...stupid fúcker's don't even know their own game..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Harrier Strike, Emercency Airdrop and Pave Low. Like to have my killstreaks together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

5-7-11 for me, used to go with 7-11-25, but gosh darn it, i just love that chopper gunner and i think a nuke within the first 2 mins of a game just wrecks everyone's experience so i've stopped using them. I'd much rather get 4 x 20 kill streaks in a match and have a score of 80-4 then have 25-0 and end the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Sealclubber

Freaking Pavelow all the way. It's an unrelenting doomengine that takes out just as much (if not more) than a Chopper Gunner but allows you to get on with your own job simultaneously. And as a tactical knifer, the distraction it causes is as valuable as the kills it gives me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

The AC-130 because it's an AC-130 :D
    Chopper gunner seems more reliable for getting kills but I just love the sights and sounds of the AC-130.

Advertisement