Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What I found in my Balti sauce!!!!!

Options
  • 05-01-2010 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi folks, I purchased a jar of Balti sauce in a supermarket. In it I found a piece of wood about 1" LONG AND 1/2" WIDE. Does anybody know how this might have got there? it looks like beech maybe, not too sure. Dont know if I can name the supermarket here, but it's an own brand sauce. I phoned the store head office and ws told to bring it back to where i purchased it. I bit down on the wood and luckily our 19 month old son did not get the piece in his meal. This could be fatal for an infant.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

its not a cinamon stick by any chance

cinammon.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭mydogjack

Hi, thanks for the reply. Definately a piece of wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭mydogjack

Hi, thanks again for the reply. This looks like pure timber. I will try post a pic for all to see. Even if it is cassia bark there should be a strict choking hazard warning on the label, which there is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's obviously an accident. Either contact the manufacturers (you'll prob get some food type gift) or get over it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

mydogjack wrote: »
    This looks like pure timber.
    But Cassia/Cinnamon is timber/wood.

I will try post a pic for all to see.
    Do

Even if it is cassia bark there should be a strict choking hazard warning on the label, which there is not.
    If it is Cassia/Cinnamon it's obviously just an accident.

As for an infant choking on it, would you feed Balti to a baby?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭terenc

Mellor wrote: »
    It's obviously an accident. Either contact the manufacturers (you'll prob get some food type gift) or get over it
    Hi folks, I purchased a jar of Balti sauce in a supermarket. In it I found a piece of wood about 1" LONG AND 1/2" WIDE. Does anybody know how this might have got there? it looks like beech maybe, not too sure. Dont know if I can name the supermarket here, but it's an own brand sauce. I phoned the store head office and ws told to bring it back to where i purchased it. I bit down on the wood and luckily our 19 month old son did not get the piece in his meal. This could be fatal for an infant.

Would you ever get things into perspective,did you buy this product with the ingredients displayed on the ingredient list and did it mention wood and possibly young infants could choke and die if not taken under adult supervson. If the ingredients weren't on the container and other information like country of origin or where it was packed it should not have been on the shelf or have been for sale in this country maybe you could not be brother to read it but you don't deserve to die or choke because you dident.
    Report it and hopefully somebody will get prosecuted for having it on sale.
    Do you know who to report it to because reading through this thread people really don't seem to know what to do when they have a food complaint.

Advertisement