Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving My Family to Perth!

Options
  • 05-01-2010 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi im 23 from dublin my partner is 24 and we have a 2year old son. We have been thinking and talking a lot lately about making a move to perth, I am a medical secretary and my partner is a forklift driver we have not done a lot of research because we have no idea where to start so anybody who could help us or give us any advice it would be greatly appreciated. maybe you have made the move yourself? is perth the right place to move your family? any info on housings jobs visas everything really like i said will be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Moved from Helpdesk.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Hi OP, I will certainly be able to answer most questions that you have. I'm curious though as to why you have chosen Perth when you say yourself that you know next to nothing about it and have done no research.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Beachband

RosieLane wrote: »
    Hi im 23 from dublin my partner is 24 and we have a 2year old son. We have been thinking and talking a lot lately about making a move to perth, I am a medical secretary and my partner is a forklift driver we have not done a lot of research because we have no idea where to start so anybody who could help us or give us any advice it would be greatly appreciated. maybe you have made the move yourself? is perth the right place to move your family? any info on housings jobs visas everything really like i said will be greatly appreciated

Go to http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54

Its a fantastic site, and you will get many answers to your query on Perth etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Mickdots

have to say its an excellent idea about moving here to perth especially when ur so young and have kids. im here about 3 months and working away and already have sponsorship sorted so i can stay on! great place to set up as a family.

for jobs go to
    www.seek.com.au

for renting

www.domain.com.au

at first you will be given a 12 month working holiday visa so the 2 of ye will have to work and get sponsored to get sorted and you must also look into costs of creche and stuff like that.

you cud pay $350 a week for an aparment in the city and about another $350 for a creche! each of ye will need to be pulling in about 1000 bucks each to have everything sorted and living a good life!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

Mickdots wrote: »
    at first you will be given a 12 month working holiday visa so the 2 of ye will have to work and get sponsored to get sorted and you must also look into costs of creche and stuff like that.

Cant get out on a whv as they have a child

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/eligibility-first.htm

will not be accompanied by dependent children at any time during your stay in Australia
    Note: A dependent child is the child, or step-child, of you or your partner who:
    • is not married, engaged to be married, or in a de facto relationship
    • has not turned 18.

• Advertisement
Advertisement