Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to remove vodafone software from SE Satio?

• 05-01-2010 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi,
    Recently got a SE Satio on ebay. It was previously on vodafone, but I now use it on Meteor. It still has all the Vodafone software on it (vodafone services in main menu, and shortcut button in home view, etc). Does anyone know if it is possible to remove this? And if so how to do it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

If your in Main menu, click Options, Organise and select the Vodafone home view. Then Options Delete ??
    Or move it into a folder you dont use too often

• Registered Users Posts: 37 blackswan

Can't delete them. Moved them into another folder. Just annoying them being there! Hate things like that! Vodafone button is still in the shortcut bar at the bottom of the home screen!
    Cheers for your suggestion tho!

Grrr Fecking dirty Vodafone software, always wrecked my head.
    If you really want to get rid of it you could debrand your satio on http://davinciteam.eu/U1_en_index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 37 blackswan

what does that do? put it back to the SE factory settings?
    I know...hate the way vodafone brand their phones like that!

Yeah it installs the Generic Firmware on the phone, so there is no nasty vodafone branding anywhere.
    You will have to setup WAP and MMS, but thats it , you can do that from the SE support page for the Satio or using the download settings on the Satio itself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 NC215

Hello, I also bought a satio in Australia. I want to delete Vodafone in this, because is not my carrier in my country (New Caledonia). I called Vodafone Australia, but they propose me only update solutions. I still have the option Vodafone active. I think the solution is to flash the phone. I would like to know if you succeeded and if it works.
    Thank you for your answers

Please, not too technical please, I do not speak English well.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,278 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

if you want to do it properly see here http://davinciteam.eu/buycredits.html if it was me i'd woudn't be rebranding it meteor, you should play with a 3 version of it before making a decision on who's firmware you'd like..

Try this (its free)
    http://forums.se-nse.net/topic/47332-sony-ericsson-satio-debranding/

I Debranded a T700 and C902 in a similar way and worked no problems

Advertisement