Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xtra Vision Voucher

Options
  • 05-01-2010 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭

I just checked how much credit i have on a card.They told me i have 70 on it but that the card has expired.Iv been topping up the card as early as september when i traded in a few.extra vision have told me its been expired since october..Do i have any come back here..Im annoyed because of the fact that i topped the card only a month or 2 back and they never told me it was expiring soon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

the cards are valid for twelve months from the time they are activated/first used to purchase/topped up, this is printed on the back of the cards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Yea it is printed on the back..is there any way to recoup the money,they can go @#$@ themselves if i cant get this money back..Wont buy in there again

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

foggy_lad, do you mean the date of first use (regardless of what use it was?)

dudara wrote: »

Yea it says theres 12 months on the back of it,just it doesnt say any date..how was i meant to know when it expires...what annoys me is the fact i traded in red faction for 30e in aug or sep and they never told me it was expiring

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭MadMickeyMonk

Ya I got the same thing said to me by one of the staff members in xtra-vision too. I was buying a voucher card for my brother and the guy serving me said to me, rather smuggly, "you only have a year on the card.... some people think they last forever". But i didnt think they could put an expiry date of a month if you traded games and credited the card. Ya its legal and all but its a shade dodgy by not telling people they only have so long left on the card when crediting it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

dudara wrote: »
    it says 12months from the time the card is "activated" but they must mean when the card is first used to purchase something as surely topping up the card would extend its lifespan otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I think topping up the card will in fact re-activate it. As far as I remember, those cards still work regardless and if you kick up enough stink the manager will let you use it.

I think kicking up a stink in this occasion is justified, it used to happen a lot when I work there years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

Having worked in xv before i know its no big deal for them.

Ring customer services (01-4131651) & explain what has happened. They will have no problem activating a new gift card simply because they have already recieved payment for the card & simply will be credited on cancellation of the old card.

xtradel wrote: »
    Having worked in xv before i know its no big deal for them.

Ring customer services (01-4131651) & explain what has happened. They will have no problem activating a new gift card simply because they have already recieved payment for the card & simply will be credited on cancellation of the old card.

thanks,ill try that and let ye know how i get on

i tried that number and no one answered...Can anyone tell me a customer support number because i cant see it on their website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

Try 01-4131652, 01-4131602 or go thru reception which is 01-4527722.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Xtravision will love you after this thread ;)

Thanks for all your help

Sorry for the delay in responding,just iv been very busy the past few weeks.

I rang that number and got through to a xtravision rep.

he was helpful and now all i have to do is send the card to him,and he will refund me with the same amount in xtravision vouchers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭gent9662

I bought a phone there a while back opened it and it was obviously used before. Brought it back and they said that I could not get a refund due to the phone being used. After a half hour of argument eventually got a full refund but no apology. Seems they need a lesson on consumer rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Fol20 wrote: »
    Thanks for all your help

Sorry for the delay in responding,just iv been very busy the past few weeks.

I rang that number and got through to a xtravision rep.

he was helpful and now all i have to do is send the card to him,and he will refund me with the same amount in xtravision vouchers

As long as they're not all €2 vouchers that can only be used for one transaction.. meaning only two euro off at any given time..

PeteK* wrote: »
    As long as they're not all €2 vouchers that can only be used for one transaction.. meaning only two euro off at any given time..

I asked him that and he said they will be in 10euro amounts and if i wanted to i could use them all in one go

Advertisement