Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHPMyAdmin Question

Options
  • 05-01-2010 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

Im using PHPMyAdmin and when I tired to add in a column in a table already created - it deleted data in the table! This is the error i got:

#7 - Error on rename of '.\hotel\guest.MYI' to '.\hotel\#sql2-154c-158.MYI' (Errcode: 13)

I just tried to add a new column name into the guest table - and it gave me this error - and it has deleted 4 files from the guest table. Maybe I havn't PHP installed correctly?? What the heck is going on????

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

scarymoon1 wrote: »
    Im using PHPMyAdmin and when I tired to add in a column in a table already created - it deleted data in the table! This is the error i got:

#7 - Error on rename of '.\hotel\guest.MYI' to '.\hotel\#sql2-154c-158.MYI' (Errcode: 13)

I just tried to add a new column name into the guest table - and it gave me this error - and it has deleted 4 files from the guest table. Maybe I havn't PHP installed correctly?? What the heck is going on????

Thanks

Error Code 13 - most likely permission denied. Are you sure you have full privileges to alter tables?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭scarymoon1

yeah i created the database. It was working ok before xmas. There is also this error on the first page -

Your configuration file contains settings (root with no password) that correspond to the default MySQL privileged account. Your MySQL server is running with this default, is open to intrusion, and you really should fix this security hole.

Unless that has something to do with what you were saying??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭scarymoon1

i got this sorted - i just installed XAMPP instead :)

Advertisement