Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diabetic Pump delay

Options
  • 05-01-2010 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭

OK – I just got of the phone with my diabetic nurse about when I would be receiving my Diabetic Pump- the date is the END OF THIS YEAR!

Now let me tell you the story – around 3 -4 months ago I had an appointment with my diabetic doctor. I am a type 1 diabetic in good health however my diabetes is getting worse with glucose levels fluctuating more and more – I am also have panic attacks due to my sugars going up and down so much – it has pretty much brought my life to a stand still. My Diabetic Doctor urged me on to the pump saying it was the only way forward for me, the diabetic head nurse was present at the time with the Doctor had said that “I would have the pump this January(this one)” to which the Doctor had urged it be as soon as possible. – nothing more said!

I rang today to find that it will not be until next year- when I told them what the Diabetic doctor had said, they simply replied that the Diabetic doctor doesn’t know the time wait to get a pump – however he did – and he had been the one that suggested to move me up the list! I feel that the nurse might just go along with the doctor and then do otherwise behind his back.

Finally, I have private health insurance which I got just before I was diagnosed with Diabetes – surely if the hospital cant provide it within adequate time, then I my insurance would have to!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭graflynn

There has to be a way to get a pump if you want one! See if you can contact a Medtronic sales rep for more information. I know the funding for training the patient in pump technology is a huge stumbling block but maybe the private health insurance might help out there too?

Advertisement