Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC in Portarlington

Options
  • 05-01-2010 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone here uses UPC in Portarlington.

We want to move from Sky and UPC have some great offers on at the moment but only seem to have digital tv but no + so we can't record.

This would be a deal breaker for us so wondering if anyone has UPC and have heard of + coming on stream soon !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭roxiesmammy

do urself a favour and stay with sky. upc formaly chorus are crap. i had it and changed back to sky, signal is crap alot of the time, sunny lose signal, fog lose signal, rain lose signal etc. customer service need to retrain as some of them dont know there job, the list goes on. I know they have some offers but in this case the saying is true, u get what u pay for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Thanks for that,

We got rid of sky sports and ESPN and i sourced sports online;)

Our sky bill dropped from 90 to 46:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Thanks for that,

liveonlinefooty.com 6 euro for 2 months and hasn't let me down yet

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Rob113

Thanks for that,

Thats not a bad drop. Im considering dropping the sports myself even though its all i watch on the telly. Where did you get the sports online.

Did you drop any other packages off the sky?. Im paying about 80 - 90 myself for the sky and that doesnt include ESPN or Setanta.

I got the UPC (formerly Chorus) in when i moved dpwn this way first about 4yrs ago. It was pure sh1te. Kept freezing. Had the engineer out about 5 times trying to fix it. Kept trying to tell me that large trees in fields behind the house were blocking the signal. In the end i had an aerial about 20mtrs tall coming off the roof of the house that rattled and creaked with the slightest of breeze. Anyone ive spoken to has had similar problems.

I'd personally avoid at all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ROS123

liveonlinefooty.com 6 euro for 2 months and hasn't let me down yet

Would you recommend the online footy. I too pay quite a bit for sports on Sky and am wondering if it is worth it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement