Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting/Business/Economics

Options
  • 05-01-2010 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I want to study one of the subjects above ( nearly certain it's business). I want to do this at home by myself.

Which is easiest for studying yourself and why?

Thanks everybody!

Which is easier to teach yourself: Business/Accounting/Economics 7 votes

Business
    0%
    Accounting
    100%
    unknown13Busi_Girl08Daragh101cickimcEvan93ted9308Black Magic 7 votes
    Economics
    0%

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭cickimc

Accounting
    I do all three. Business is straight out of the book just a lot of learing people say its like biology on that sind

Accounting you need a teacher because a lot of tricky stuff in it

Economics, a teacher would help not essential though

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭DC09

Business course is much longer, but the theory is very easy.

Economics couse is shorter, but theory takes a bit of thought, still ok though.

Depends how much time you can put into it. Business might be better in school because you're at it everyday, it is a long course...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Business is very easy, the course is long enough though.

Economics you'd need a teacher to explain some of the more "apt" concepts in it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Black Magic

Accounting
    Accounting is quite easy. Learn the method of doing a question eg. A Balance Sheet. Apply the method to every question. The questions will be the same layout with different figures so as long as you keep practicing the method it is just as handy as anything else.

You do not need to be HL Math standard. It's the method and layout that you need to keep practicing and be able to do on the day. This is why it has a high honours rate in the exams.

Don't forget about it because you think it might be hard because of the maths side. There isn't a maths side. Use the calculator to add and subtract and off you go.

Advertisement