Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sun visor

• 05-01-2010 5:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to remove the drivers side one on an opel astra but hit a problem straight away. When I removed the plastic cover on the hinge I expected to find a screw or bolt but instead there is a strange looking clip and I do'nt see any obvious way to take it out with out breaking it and I'll need it later on when I'm putting the visor back on. Anyone any ideas? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

No clue sorry, any chance of a picture?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭O.A.P

Hope you can make these out their the best I could get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

i think... not 100% sure that you have to squeese the two bits of the clip together and pull the visor mount down over them..

robtri wrote: »
    i think... not 100% sure that you have to squeese the two bits of the clip together and pull the visor mount down over them..
    Yes thats probably right but the two white bits on each side of the clip are a couple of mm longer than the clip so I can't push them togeather without first lifting them over these which I think will break the clip or am I being an old woman and should just go for it?

Yeah I'd say robtri is right there, the clips should either be pressed to the sides or pulled together. Prob the latter.

I found this Seems to look the part?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'm guessing it's a metal clip that won't break by squeezing it. I also presume that the plastic cover panel you took off first prevents the metal clip from collapsing when fitted.

biko wrote: »
    Yeah I'd say robtri is right there, the clips should either be pressed to the sides or pulled together. Prob the latter.

I found this Seems to look the part?
    Good man and I'm a member on there too but did'nt see that , I owe you one

The google is strong in me :)

Advertisement