Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Platinum Range

Options
  • 05-01-2010 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know any shops where these can be bought. I've seen a list of included games online but have yet to see any platinum titles in ireland.

Saw one or two up north but they were pre-owned, no new ones.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I got resistance 2 platinum in HMV in cork yesterday. €22.99.

Infamous is platinum now too i think. They're in most shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Last time I was in HMV Grafton street (late December), they were on the bottom shelf of the PS3 Section. Definitely saw MGS4, inFamous and Killzone 2 there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I was looking for infamous yesterday but no shops had it. I have seen loads of platinum copies of killzone and some uncharted as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

EGriff wrote: »
    Infamous is platinum now too i think. They're in most shops.

The time to buy it is now then. Will need to find it first as I have never seen anymore than one Platinum title in a shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

The lack of shops support for platinum is getting a bit ridiculous. Remember way back when the ps1 was out, and the platinum range was both huge and everywhere. At least it's not as bad as the xbox classics range, which are pretty much non existent and have totally random pricing (Game have dead rising for €40 despite the rrp)

The fact that game and gamestop have them at €30 is a sham as well, HMV have them at €23, which about matches the UK where they're £20. I get the impression some shops keep the platinum copies hidden until they've sold the non-platinum ones at a premium.

• Advertisement
Advertisement