Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

photographer

Options
  • 05-01-2010 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

any photographer want to give a insight in to there job?is it hard to make a big name for yourself?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Probably better off in the photography forum but here goes:

As a professional photographer it takes a lot of hard work and long hours to get a job full time. It's not an easy business to get into as you have to make a name for yourself by starting off small and building portfolios. It also depends on what type of photography you're interested in pursuing.

Be prepared for a lot of knock backs and criticism. Some people can take criticism well, others feel like you've insulted them. Read a lot, take a lot of photos and get a portfolio together.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭dodgystuff

this would be something i'd be interested in too. I've put down a multimedia course down as my first option on my cao. I've been thinking of putting a portfolio together sometime. Most of my best pictures would be from concerts so I'm thinking more on the entertainment aspect of photography but then I wouldnt know what to do with it

Advertisement