Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What The F? NTL/UPC now putting serving ads for mistyped urls

• 05-01-2010 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

When did this start does anyone know? I just got one page here: http://search.upc.ie/upcieassist/dnsassist/main/?domain=www.similardomain.com

Man on-top of the suckage that is the wireless router they provide, and on-going DNS problems - I am reeeeally annoyed that I switched from smart. Giving serious consideration to taking the cancellation fee on the chin and switching back.

Edit: The other thing I HATE about the POS router is that it wont save my preferred DNS service - anytime I update it and refresh the page it keeps defaulting to the NTL/UPC service.

/rant

edit 2: actually this may have been going on for a while - working off a fresh install and hand't changed the machines DNS settings... well wont be seeing that page again anyways... still this is why i'd prefer that the router handle the DNS settings, rather than having to change each machine

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 oriordan

Hi
    I had the same problem and switched back to eircom
    Pure unadulterated heaven.
    Make the switch today.
    kate:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

Eircom ? really now? I have nothing but the problems with Eircom for the last 2 months... 3Mb line is syncing at 300kbs for last 2 months.. I had enough of "not a problem on our end" ...going to cancel eircom.

Advertisement