Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* School closures due to weather - link to RTE list in first post *

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Just for anyone lookin at the list, it doesnt have any Tipperary schools but I know for a fact that schools in Nenagh, Thurles and Killenaule are closed. Theres noone to answer the fuppin phone in our school :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭fkt

Anyone got a list of Kilkenny schools closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

UpTheSlashers, what school in tipp you looking for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Conor108 wrote: »
    Thanks. Just gonna refresh every once in a while until Dublins on it!
    How the feck do they not have Dublin up on it yet, we matter more than the culchies for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

theowen wrote: »
    How the feck do they not have Dublin up on it yet, we matter more than the culchies for sure.

Haha true ;) The lack of a definate 'no' is filling me with hope though. And sure might always be closed in the morning.

From Met Eireann -
    Up to 5cm of snow is being forcasted by Met Éireann for east Leinster over tonight and tomorrow.

• Advertisement

High School in Clonmel and Colaiste in Cahir

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

According to Tipp.Fm both seem to be open since neither's on the list of closed schools but it could still need to be confirmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

why isnt dublin up on the list?
    is it because schools are opened tommorw?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

98's website has a list of Dublin schools, I think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Mental_Legend

ayumi wrote: »
    It's not on the list yet because it's probably one person compiling the entire list and he/she can't type everything at once. It's best to stick to local radio for the time being and wait for a full list on the RTE website. If you go to the website of any big radio station in Dublin then you should find a list.

• Advertisement

They havent been told yet:
    The following schools have so far confirmed that they will not be reopening tomorrow, (this is not a comprehensive list, but will be updated regularly with information from local radio stations):

just wait and see

Tipperary schools here

http://www.tippfm.com/site/news/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Shannonside had a list of closed schools in Longford, Roscommon and Leitrim read out an hour ago, they might read it out again later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

any chance that Corks county schools are closing.!? God I would be beyond happy if it was closed!!

I've just realized Ive spent the last 2 hours anxiously checking every thing (Boards, Facebook, School webiste, local news) to see if my schools closed instead of actually doing homework.

Dublins 98fm are updating Dublin schools

I've just realized Ive spent the last 2 hours anxiously checking every thing (Boards, Facebook, School webiste, local news) to see if my schools closed instead of actually doing homework.

Dublins 98fm are updating Dublin schools
    Im doing the same thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I've spent the whole day on boards :o I'm blaming it on the snow, can't see my school on twitter so don't know what's happening.

They've started putting Dublin on that RTE list. Thus far:
    St Brigid's National School Glasnevin
    St. Lorcan's BNS, Palmerstown
    St. Brigid's GNS, Palmerstown
    Palmerstown Community School
    Deansrath Community College, New Nangor Road, Clondalkin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Mental_Legend

cork*girl wrote: »
    any chance that Corks county schools are closing.!? God I would be beyond happy if it was closed!!
    There are a list of Cork schools on that RTE link on the previous page of this thread.

• Advertisement

They've started putting Dublin on that RTE list. Thus far:

Ahh my old primary school, how come there was no snow days when i was there!!

Ahh my old primary school, how come there was no snow days when i was there!!
    you look at the lists and you say i wish i lived there so i have no school!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

I'd advise everyone to check their school websites if they have one- thats how I found out my school (Loreto Crumlin) is off till Monday:D

you look at the lists and you say i wish i lived there so i have no school!

Yes and no. Would have loved more snow days when i was younger so there's no stress and i don't have to feel guilty for not being in school!

I'd advise everyone to check their school websites if they have one- thats how I found out my school (Loreto Crumlin) is off till Monday:D

Ah my schools has a website never updates it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

theowen wrote: »

Thats very true, jackeens havent a clue how to cope in anything other than bone dry weather, the slightest sign of frost or snow and the jackeens lose the ability to drive/walk/function and start crying that theyre confined to their homes. God love them, well he clearly doesnt as he gave none of them any common sense :P

Dublin list getting pretty populated now. Stilll waiting ;)

What a surprise my retarded runt of a principal doesn't give the radio info until seven o ****ing clock. But I'm off anyway. Excellent :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭li-evo7

THE INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION is officially CLOSED TOMORO!!! 1st time in the history!! WHOOO SNOW DAY!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

All schools in Navan are closed til Monday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement