Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* School closures due to weather - link to RTE list in first post *

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

CJC999 wrote: »
    Thats very true, jackeens havent a clue how to cope in anything other than bone dry weather, the slightest sign of frost or snow and the jackeens lose the ability to drive/walk/function and start crying that theyre confined to their homes. God love them, well he clearly doesnt as he gave none of them any common sense :P
    Ah, now, be nice to them, 'tisn't good to mock the afflicted! :D

More seriously, going to stick that link up in the first post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

im still waiting.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

im still waiting.....
    For Godot? :P :D

For Godot? :P :D

jesus no that play drove me demented!

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MultiUmm

cork*girl wrote: »
    any chance that Corks county schools are closing.!? God I would be beyond happy if it was closed!!

argh, hardly none of the schools are shut down here. :(

big freeze me hole, we always have to be the odd ones out down here don't we? :pac:

my school is opening at 10am instead of 9. whoop dee doo. meh, extra half hour in bed can't hurt i suppose. :)

• Advertisement

im off
    im off
    im off im off im offf

yay:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

My old school is rumoured to be off. And it's right next door to my current one,which isn't. :( Why didn't I repeat in my old school? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

Off!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mel.hrta

Any body know if the Bros in swords is open or closed tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Ugh looks like I will be in tomorrow. :(

Ah well enjoy failing your leaving certs everyone else!:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I'm in too but I hope that most people don't show up and they send us home anyway.

I'm in too but I hope that most people don't show up and they send us home anyway.

I have a feeling that will happen. But surely they cant send us home if the roads/paths are icy etc. are they not liable if we injure ourselves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

my school isnt o the list but i have no scool tomorw,got a text 2hrs ago!

Conor108 wrote: »
    I have a feeling that will happen. But surely they cant send us home if the roads/paths are icy etc. are they not liable if we injure ourselves?

Yeah they are, if the roads are bad though we shouldn't be made go in as it's too dangerous. The path up to my school is always icy, if someone falls it's the schools responsibility. If hardly anyone can make it in because of the bad roads i really hope they send us home and if the teachers don't come in they'll have to.

I definitely know i'm in tomorrow because i asked my friend whose parents are on the parents association and they said it's school as usual.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The school can hardly be held liable for you on your journey to school.
    You're not three years old. If the roads and paths are too dangerous, you make a decision and you turn round and go home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

Does anyone know if St. Aidans in Whitehall is closed tomorrow?

There is a report on the 98fm website that it is closed until Monday but it is not confirmed on their site.

Would like to know if anyone has definite information on whether it is open or closed?

http://www.dublins98.ie/news-sport/news/big-freeze-keeps-it-grip-uk-flights-affected/

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Mental_Legend

**** everyone who has a day off tomorrow. LOL. My school, typically, is making us come in tomorrow. I hope ye all have an extra day (2 if you're off on Friday) in the summer. :D

spurious wrote: »
    You're not three years old. If the roads and paths are too dangerous, you make a decision and you turn round and go home.

Yeah fair enough but on the journey from school should they send you home early

I honestly don't know whether to go into school or not tomorrow. Some people are saying it's open and some are saying it's closed :confused: . Most of my year are using it as an excuse to take the day off even if the school is open so i might just see what it's like in the morning and if it's bad stay in bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

I honestly don't know whether to go into school or not tomorrow. Some people are saying it's open and some are saying it's closed :confused: . Most of my year are using it as an excuse to take the day off even if the school is open so i might just see what it's like in the morning and if it's bad stay in bed.

you see if only like 10 pple from 400 pple come to scool obivously their not going to have scool and tell them to go home.it might be impossible to drive to yor scool due to ice and snow,check if your schools names is in the list on rte

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I'm now hoping that either the heating breaks down or there is nobody in so they have to send us home....ugh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Should be the case but if an accident happens on school grounds the school is liable

ayumi wrote: »
    you see if only like 10 pple from 400 pple come to scool obivously their not going to have scool and tell them to go home.it might be impossible to drive to yor scool due to ice and snow,check if your schools names is in the list on rte

I've checked no sign of it. Everyone i've talked to (bar one) has said they arn't going in so i'm going to leave it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

dolliemix wrote: »
    Should be the case but if an accident happens on school grounds the school is liable

On school grounds yes, presuming age appropriate behaviour, but not on the journey to school.
    The more fond we get of litigation in this country the less cop on there seems to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

On school grounds yes, presuming age appropriate behaviour, but not on the journey to school.
    The more fond we get of litigation in this country the less cop on there seems to be.

Completely agree!

That's why the country shut down today and tomorrow.

Dublin Bus/ School Management/ Dublin Airport just covering themselves. ANd justifiably so.

Its the very people giving out about school closures/ buses stopping etc and take risks in these conditions are the very ones who will be straight in with their libel case when the accident happens.

Conor108 wrote: »
    Ugh looks like I will be in tomorrow. :(

Ah well enjoy failing your leaving certs everyone else!:P

So we went in and we're told to go home. Great success:)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

They can't close my school because of the boarders but my bus never showed up =D!

I just didn't go in because my mam couldn't get hold of the school. Found out later people had gone in and got sent home so i didn't miss much :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

Having the day off school was the job. Got up at 1pm to a fry. mmmmmmmmm

• Advertisement

FFS No school until Thursday!! Never thought I'd say that but I've stuff to do!

btw not just me, you too, its national

LINK!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement