Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* School closures due to weather - link to RTE list in first post *

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Whaat? :eek:

I can't stick this house any longer :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

:eek: :( Love the days off and everything but we'd be better off in school, mocks are next month and i'd prefer to be in school as i do more there(and the teachers know what they are doing) I won't study properly at home and i really need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

Oh god I don't want another days off =[.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I am so screwed for the mocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Quite destroyed for mocks myself but more importantly DCG project!

• Advertisement

This means I have 2 weeks of school until my mocks start.

FFS this is ridiculous. It's not even that bad around my school.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Anyone know where this article on Rte is gone? It was there 1 minute but its gone now??

Yeah they seem to have lumped it in with some general weather information thing. I'll keep looking for it

UPDATE:Here is is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 12345678910

Burkatron wrote: »
    Anyone know where this article on Rte is gone? It was there 1 minute but its gone now??
    WTF This is Ridiculous theres not even any snow where I live!!!!!!
    I have to go to school to sort out my ucas application that has to be in by friday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

What did it say??:confused:
    School better be open on Monday!!!!!!!
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0108/educationweather.htmlAll
    Friday, 8 January 2010 17:09
    All national and secondary schools are to remain closed until Thursday 14 January, Minister for Education Batt O'Keefe announced this afternoon.

The decision was taken following a review of the weekend weather forecast at a meeting of the Government's Emergency Response Committee.

The Minister accepts that the closures will cause inconvenience but said the safety of student, teachers and parents was more important.

AdvertisementThe decision comes amid growing fears among school principals and boards of management about the impact of further severe weather on school communities. It will be widely welcomed by them.

Schools have been telling RTÉ News of strong health and safety concerns, centred on footpaths and roads in their wider areas.

A decision on whether Ireland's 4,000 schools will remain closed or re-opened later next week will be made following a review by the Committee at a meeting on Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Mental_Legend

Burkatron wrote: »
    Type in Batt O'Keeffe in the search bar on RTE.ie. Where it says "Web" just beside the search bar, click the little arrow pointing downwards and then on "RTE.ie" from that list. On the page that comes up, click on "Sort Results by: Date". Click the link at the top of the list. The article is then on the top of the list of the next page that comes up.

I'm actually stunned.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

This is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

This is really bad news for all of us... as if we needed more pressure, with the competition for college places and all... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Bloody hell, I am truly ****ed for the mocks now. I wonder if they could postpone them for a week or two?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

this is bad,we need to get on in chem economics and all the other subject,this will have an effect on the leaving cert!
    but its good so we dont get homework and study at home and do exam qs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Is it actually that bad out there? there's about 2/3cm of snow around me and it's freezing out but my dad said it was fine to drive on and from what i've walked on it wasn't slippy. I understand that it's worse around the country but for all schools to be closed is a bit over the top imo.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Does this apply to schools that were open yesterday and today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

On the main roads its ok but most of the secondary roads have`nt been gritted so they are pretty dodgy.

Guys come on. Mocks are 3 weeks away - you will still have time and after it's only the MOCKS. If you fail your mocks, it's not the end of the world because it's not the real thing! I know your all panicking about it but you'll still have time, just do as much as you can from home. You'll still have 2-3 months to study after them.

• Advertisement

All national and secondary schools are to remain closed until Thursday 14 January, Minister for Education Batt O'Keefe announced this afternoon.

Probably does. Its not too bad AT ALL at my school. And its a new, modern building not a developing nation shack thing. This is ridiculous. :mad::mad: Already behind on tons, some books in locker, not happy :(

Every school in the country!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They must think this threatened snow on Sunday is going to be as bad as people think it could be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭GLUEY

For God sake will ye stop complaining this is absolutely brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭yenoBAYUB

is no one else happy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 DimestoreSaint

The mocks are organised by schools so it's totally down to each school if they're rearranged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 knwaca

crap, i need school to get me structured, left to my own devices, i.e the past two weesk I do nothing...mocks results will be shocking now!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

They'll have to make up for the days in the summer. I'd prefer to be off in June rather than January!

• Advertisement

They'll have to make up for the days in the summer. I'd prefer to be off in June rather than January!

Does that actually happen? It's never happened in my school!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement