Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making your own snacks or just combining two real ones to make your own mad one

Options
  • 05-01-2010 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Like my new favourite so simple... one bag of butterkist sweetpopcorn freshly popped then dose it in salt. yum

You'll either puke or love it (Its marmite all over again)
    warning dont confuse butterkist sweet variety with the butter flavour the latter makes your kitchen smell worse than....oh there are no words so,... well really baaaaad.

Old favourite is squares of cadburys milk chocolate eaten at the same time as cheese and onion taytos and a can of coke. You must have all three flavours in your mouth at the same time to experience the delight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭foodaholic

mine is a sandwich one side spread with a cream cheese the other side with ketchup and hunkey dory cheese and onion crisps in the middle.

I always but maple syrup over my popcorn (sweet and salty)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Mad jesty

not brave enough to try the cream cheese and ketchup hunky dory combo (yet)

but I do partake in the odd tayto sandwich (cheese & onion) with nutella if im in a sweet mood or brown sauce if its savoury.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭foodaholic

brown sauce yum !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

melted milk chocolate and pretzels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

You sound like a food connoisseure Mad jesty, albeit an unconventional one! My favourite snack of all time is two slices of bread with butter, honey, and peanut butter in between. You have to leave it for a while until the honey hardens into the bread thuogh. I used to always numerous amounts of these sandwiches when watching late-night NFL with my bro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

ooh kevster I must try that, I love honey and like peanutbutter.
    Peanut butter n chocolate spread sandwich is nice though too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

;) ... ... now why didn't I think of that - I need to add-in some chocolate spread! That's surely my day's worth of calories in one sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭smallgarden

sweet and salty go really well together,like popcorn and maltesers,mmmm!
    recently discoverd that curry sauce goes well with fajita,mmmm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

marshmallow placed on top of a digestive and stuck under a hot grill for a couple of seconds till it goes a bit brown and toasty and then a caramel barrel thing from tin of roses mushed in on top of it. heaven!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Highlander

Bar-b-q hula hoops mixed into a big bag of popcorn, lovely

• Advertisement

I love reading all the posts and the unusual combos
    must try out the bread and butter with honey and peanut butter Kevster and the peanut butter and chocolate spread variety too star pants.

On hindsight maybe this thread shoulda been called the anti january diet thread Ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Popcorn and Frank's RedHot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭PoleStar

And perhaps also this thread should come with a government health warning lol!

ooh Franks red hot

that reminds me Daves Insanity Sauce in a vodka shot.

you can get Daves insanity sauce in Asda, usually have to bring back supply to our Indian friends it makes them cry because it reminds them of home (its that hot)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Two digestive biscuits (chocolate covered optional) with vanilla ice cream sandwiched in between. :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Half melted ice cream with crushed up bourbon biscuits mixed in.

Chopped up bounties with uncooked porridge oats & cold milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

rubadub wrote: »
    Chopped up bounties with uncooked porridge oats & cold milk.
    That sounds yum!

Advertisement