Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Church in Dunlewy

Options
  • 05-01-2010 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I am getting married in Donegal in 2011. I'm from Dungloe myself but the modern roundy chapel there just annoys me and I'd like to have a more traditional church.

I was thinking of the Church in Dunlewy but someone told me they didnt know if it was still active. Would anyone know if it is (not the one without a roof obviously) and maybe be able to PM me the contact details of the PP there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Cat82

As far as I know its part of the gweedore parish. So if you contact the PP in Gweedore he should be able to give you an answer. I never heard anything about it not being active. Its a fabulous but much smaller church than you have in Dungloe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Thanks Cat :)

I will try to get in contact with him.

Part of the reason I dont want Dungloe is that it is too big- so smaller suits me- and its close to the venue we are thinking off too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Glendowan Chapel (where I got married) is in a pretty scenic setting as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

Thumpette wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I was thinking of the Church in Dunlewy but someone told me they didnt know if it was still active. Would anyone know if it is (not the one without a roof obviously)
    As far as I know, there was a wedding there last Monday (Dec 29).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 mise mise

I was at a Dungloe wedding there on the 28th Dec. Chapel is pretty small inside so numbers may be a problem but it was a great setting. It was the PP from Dungloe who said the mass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Thanks for all the replies guys:)

Mise Mise, did you mean Dungloe or Dunlewy being a small chapel? Dungloe is a bit of a monster chapel- reckon it could accomodate a huge number.

I believe Dunlewy is quite small- we are probably planning to have around 100- 120 at the service- I wonder would it accomodate that number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 mise mise

Sorry, meant a Dungloe wedding in Dunlewey chapel.

Yeah it will hold that number easy enough.

Advertisement