If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAO: Ashley -- Any deals on electric shavers?

Options
  • 05-01-2010 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭

Just wondering if there are any good deals available on electric shavers, ideally one that will do a decent job of shaving unlike the last one I bought some years ago that took twice as long as a standard razor to get any sort of a clean shave.

Requirements
    Mains and rechargeable (nothing worse than the battery failing half way through and having to wait for the bloody thing to charge)
    washable, not necessarily self cleaning
    waterproof
    wet and dry shave capable
    not really interested in ones with moisturiser/conditioner function

Also can you provide costs for replacement heads, etc.

I am also looking for a good price on Philips Sonicare ProResults brush heads.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Antomack!

We have the HS8440 which retails instore for €139.99 so with you Philips Shop Boards 10% Discount that comes to €125.99.

This comes with the standard Philips Shaver 2 year warranty. This is one of the Philips wet shave razors which do come with the moisturiser function as standard. However these shavers are the only ones we stock that are capable of both a wet and dry shave.

Charge time on this shaver is 4 hours which should last about 14 days. So give it a good charge every 2 weeks. Or every 10 days if you feel you may run out of juice mid shave.

Heads generally should be replaced every 12 months on this shaver and the current cost of the replacement head unit is €49.99.

Have a look at the specs and let me know what you think: http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/h/hs8440_23/hs8440_23_pss_eng.pdf

Thanks a mil, Nicola.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 woodsuper001

Mod Comment:

Please read the Stickey entitled "Please Read Before Posting". I've deleted your posts as Spam is unwelcome.

Ritz

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.