Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

V.H.I. 8% increase

Options
  • 05-01-2010 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

at a tine when incomes are falling. Sad is the price of health insurance here. Is it possible to get insurance from a foreign company?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

Quick answer no--all health insurers in Ireland must be licensed to operate in ROI Hence only 3 companies operate here, Quinn, Aviva Health & VHI.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fordy1208

I was on the plan b option with them last year and when my premium ended i noticed that they had increased it also by approx €120 so i shopped around and hibernian aviva give the same level of cover (Their Plan B version) for the same price as my vhi (before the increase) as far as i know that same level of cover is still available. but i agree with you about looking else where they are pure chancers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭PLIIM

My company is moving all of ours away from VHI at the next renewals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Filan

The saddest thing of all is that there isnt a great price differential between any of them.....competition has had only minimal benefit for consumers.

Advertisement