Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Xbox noise normal?

• 05-01-2010 6:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi, recently bought an xbox 360 elite and the thing sounds like a boeing 747! Is this normal? It is still very playable but it is a fair bit louder than any games console or PC that Ive ever used before. Any thoughts? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Some can be noisy. If you install the game to your hard drive and play it through that it reduces the noise a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Brimmy wrote: »
    Some can be noisy. If you install the game to your hard drive and play it through that it reduces the noise a lot.

Yes, they are noisy. The disc spins pretty damn quick so to reduce this noise you should install the game to the hard drive as Brimmy said above. I think you press Y to go into Game Options and can install from there. Been a while since I did it, my xbox managed to "lose" this feature because I was bad :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

I read a post in this forum a few weeks back about someone who had remedied this problem by "wrapping a towel" around their xbox.

Do not do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

consultech wrote: »
    I read a post in this forum a few weeks back about someone who had remedied this problem by "wrapping a towel" around their xbox.

Do not do this.
    God no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Hi, recently bought an xbox 360 elite and the thing sounds like a boeing 747! Is this normal? It is still very playable but it is a fair bit louder than any games console or PC that Ive ever used before. Any thoughts? Thanks

Yes but you become desensitised to it after a few years......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭alexcorb1991

wait til you stick one of those aftermarket cooler fans on the back then it sounds like an air raid

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

if we install the game in the hard drive do you still need the cd to play the game?

ldr wrote: »
    if we install the game in the hard drive do you still need the cd to play the game?

Of course you do. The only way to play a game you've got loaded on the hard drive is to pop in the game's CD. The CD is also required for security checks. Piracy would be so much easier and so much more prominent if all you had to do was walk into xtravision, rent the game, copy to hard drive and return it.

wait til you stick one of those aftermarket cooler fans on the back then it sounds like an air raid

...if you're hookin those up to the internal electrics they usually do more harm than good btw.

tbh there aint a lot of need to be using your disc tray for games if you've got a 120gb elite. The only time I hear my xbox is when I occasionally watch the odd DVD on the it cause Im too lazy to change up one of the 3 HDMI cables on my TV/buy a splitter.

ldr wrote: »

Yup. Still needs to authenticate.

However, the less-fortunate of us can't even install to our shiny 2 month old Elite HDD's! ;):(

• Advertisement

Yup. Still needs to authenticate.

However, the less-fortunate of us can't even install to our shiny 2 month old Elite HDD's! ;):(

I feel the pain too, but I'm learning to solder now. I'll fix it soon :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

My xbox is also very noisy. As suggested above if you install your game to your hd this will help reduce noise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭bit of a bogey

Cheers. Thanks for all the advice! It really is noisy as [EMAIL="f@&k"]f@&k[/EMAIL] but I'm starting to become immune to it!

Cheers. Thanks for all the advice! It really is noisy as [EMAIL="f@&k"]f@&k[/EMAIL] but I'm starting to become immune to it!

Just do what I do....hire up the telly. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Do not do this.

mine doesnt work if I dont do this!

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    mine doesnt work if I dont do this!

From doing a bit of reading on this. It will just give up eventually on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭marky boii

Ya its 100% normal:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

Do not do this.

To be fair that would solve the noise problem. ;)And of course invite the red ring of death into your home...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Ridley wrote: »
    To be fair that would solve the noise problem. ;)And of course invite the red ring of death into your home...

thats what i was hoping for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    thats what i was hoping for!

Wanting free repair, hm? :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement