Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upc help

• 05-01-2010 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

I was just informed that i was but on the extreme package. Was sent a letter two months ago about over usage on my unlimited connection fair enough i think. But i made it my mission to ring on the day and speak to a support person and was informed of my limit which i understand i think. But i rang today to get the cheaper bigger connection and they told me i was put on the extreme package which is GREAT. Now the suppose person told me the usage was from the 1st of the month to the 1st and i watched myself and stopped at mid month and well off the mark im sure i was . Now the girl i talked to today tells me the usage is from the 6th to the 6th ( i downloaded a bit this week but nowhere near what the "unlimited" limit :eek: is and they want me to pay 80 yoyos that the christmas took from me and the family( sorry im trying for the sad feeling to come across with "the family" but its still true) Can someone give me some joy with this situation please I think im going to cry(just a little)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I was just informed that i was but on the extreme package. Was sent a letter two months ago about over usage on my unlimited connection fair enough i think. But i made it my mission to ring on the day and speak to a support person and was informed of my limit which i understand i think. But i rang today to get the cheaper bigger connection and they told me i was put on the extreme package which is GREAT. Now the suppose person told me the usage was from the 1st of the month to the 1st and i watched myself and stopped at mid month and well off the mark im sure i was . Now the girl i talked to today tells me the usage is from the 6th to the 6th ( i downloaded a bit this week but nowhere near what the "unlimited" limit :eek: is and they want me to pay 80 yoyos that the christmas took from me and the family( sorry im trying for the sad feeling to come across with "the family" but its still true) Can someone give me some joy with this situation please I think im going to cry(just a little)

As far as I know, it's a rolling month and not a calendar month.

You're FUP is based on the previous 30 days.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

When I asked UPC tech support I was told the usage stats are run on the first day of the calendar month for the previous month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Maybe watch some regular TV and stop downloading like there is no tomorrow? :) Seriously though, its not easy to go over the very generous limit by mistake. If you need to download that much each month, then invest in a router with a usage monitor - some have email alerts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Stylesclash1702

But the fact of the matter was the person said 1st of the month to the 1st of the month. Plus im in no way saying i download to much but i followed what upc said to me to the dot. My usage says unlimited not limited unlimited

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭JDxtra

No such thing as unlimited, they all have some sort of a fair usage policy attached. I believe the UPC one is 250gb/month. Sounds like they upgraded you to the Extreme package @ 79.99/month. Not sure how much you would get away with downloading on this package though. Your other option from them was to be simply disconnected!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Stylesclash1702

But i never got to pick disconnect they just put me up to extreme i will take disconnect no problem

Advertisement